become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/Europe
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe
Contractors and Consultants
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Minoan and Mycenaean
Isle of Man
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Mediterranean
Society: History: By Region: Europe
This category in other languages:
Antiquity: Start of the Mesolithic-Neolithic Transition in North-West Europe
- Article by Jim Innes, Jeff Blackford and Peter Rowley-Conwy about the palynological evidence that demonstrates how changes in ecological and economic impacts may well accompany significant culture change.
Archaeological Records of Europe Networked Access - ARENA
- Concerned with conservation and presentation of the European archaeological heritage through new information technologies. Partners, resources, activities, conferences and objectives.
Archaeology in Europe
- Field trips, study tours, archaeology courses, etc.
Archaeology, Cultural Heritage and Politics in the National Museums of the ex-Yugoslavia
- The conversion of the ex-republics of Yugoslavia into new nations has launched the creation of basic state institutions in each country. National museums are one institution recreated in this process.
The Bronze Age in Europe
- Index of links to webpages about the Bronze Age in Europe. Available in German and English, set up by Bernd Sprenzel.
European Rock Art and Petroglyphs (EURA)
- Rock Art in Europe and in the Alps, one of the best way to understand prehistoric conceptuality. Includes, articles and many links.
- Searchable database of samples of flint and similar materials collected by Rengert Elburg and Paul van der Kroft in Central Europe. Search by location or type.
Jared Diamond on the Indo-European Expansion
- Provides a summary of the case for an Indo-European expansion covering the last 5000 years.
- Illustrations of artefacts dating from the first 16 centuries of the modern era from England, Greece and Portugal. Hosted by Oxfordshire County Council.
- The European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage (Revised), signed at Valetta, 16.1.1992. Full text from the Council of Europe.
Yahoo Groups: European Archaeology
- Moderated discussion group for European prehistoric and historic archaeology.
Bodies of the Bogs
- An illustrated feature from Archaeology on the remains of many hundreds of people which have come to light during peat cutting in northwestern Europe. (December 10, 1997)
Usenet rec.travel.europe -
Usenet soc.culture.europe -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2014 at 9:15:05 UTC -