become an editor
the entire directory
only in Guatemala/Tikal
Enjoy Guatemala: Tikal
- Travel information, including photos and description of archaeological sites.
Jaguar in the Night
- Excerpts from Teobert Maler's journal and photos of his expedition to Tikal in 1895.
Journey Through Tikal
- Description of ruins and recovered treasures. Includes maps, photos, and a cultural history of the Mayan people.
Photos from Tikal
- A collection of photos from the Mayan archaeological site of Tikal in the Peten jungle of Guatemala.
Tikal National Park
- interactive virtual tour.
- Guide and information about the ruins. Includes links, photos and travel guide.
Tomb of the Jade Jaguar
- Slide show, available in English, German, or Spanish, for museums, libraries, and schools on how archaeologists find the tombs of ancient Maya kings beneath the pyramid-temples. Lecture is based on Nicholas Hellmuth's discovery.
Wikipedia - Tikal
- Encyclopedic entry for the largest of the ancient ruined cities of the Maya civilization.
World Heritage Sites: Tikal National Park
- One of the major sites of Mayan civilization, inhabited from the 6th century B.C. to the 10th century A.D.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 4, 2012 at 5:15:04 UTC -