become an editor
the entire directory
only in Central_America/Guatemala
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Central America: Guatemala
Regional: Central America: Guatemala: Science and Environment
Regional: Central America: Guatemala: Society and Culture: History
This category in other languages:
- Provides information about the Maya culture and more than 110 ancient archaeological sites in the country.
- The capital of the Captaincy-General of Guatemala, founded in the 16th century, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Archaeological Park and Ruins of Quirigua
- The ruins of Quirigua contain some outstanding 8th-century monuments and are now designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Guatemalan Maya Archeology
- Brief description of the temples and plazas at Tikal. Includes some information about El Petén and other archeological sites.
New Maya Site Found
- The ruins of a Maya city have been discovered near a tributary of the Rio San Pedro in northern Guatemala.
- Zacpeten, an archaeological site in Peten, Guatemala, was heavily occupied during the Middle Preclassic, Terminal Classic, and Late Postclassic periods.
Long-sought Maya City -- Site Q -- found in Guatemala
- From ScienceNews, a team of scientists including Marcello Canuto, assistant professor of anthropology at Yale, has found incontrovertible proof of Site Q, a long-speculated Mayan city, during a mission to the northwest Peten region of Guatemala. (September 28, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2012 at 6:54:03 UTC -