become an editor
the entire directory
only in Asia/Sri_Lanka
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Asia: Sri Lanka
Regional: Asia: Sri Lanka: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Region: Asia: South Asia
Society: History: By Region: Asia: South Asia: Ancient India
Here They Lived and Died
- An article by Tharuka Dissanaike describing the implications of the 1997 discovery of 6000BP human remains at Pallemalala.
Muruka Cult in Ancient Sri Lanka: A Historical Perspective
- An article by S. Kailash Sitrampalam documenting the roots of Muruka worship in Sri Lanka.
Pallemalala Discovery Throws Light on Lanka's Pre-historic Culture
- An article by Asiff Hussein describing the 1997 discovery by Raj Somadeva and a 10 member team of a shell midden with skeletal remains and stone implements dating to 6000BP.
Pre and Proto-historic Settlement in Sri Lanka
- A paper by S.U. Deraniyagala, Director-General of Archaeology, Sri Lanka presented at the Proceedings of the XIII Congress Forli'-Italia, 8-14 September, 1996 discussing the cultures, timing, and paleo climates from the first human influences to the Historic Period in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lankan-Dutch Archaeological Co-operation
- A short article by A. van Schaik of the University of Leiden describing current cooperation and calling for further cooperation concerning VOC (Dutch East India Company) Period researches.
Taprobane: Ancient Sri Lanka as known to the Greeks and Romans
- Book review by Nancy C. Wilkie.
Ancient Polonnaruwa and its environs
- An article by Prof. W. I. Siriweera, Vice Chancellor, Rajarata University describing the current understanding of Polonnaruwa a city on the Mahaveli River in Sri Lanka. (January 24, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 30, 2012 6:24:04 AM EDT -