become an editor
the entire directory
only in Asia/Cambodia
Regional: Asia: Cambodia: Society and Culture: History
Despite War, Cambodians Protect their National Treasures
- The war that swept Cambodia during the past two decades has left its best-known temples and monuments virtually untouched.
Guardian - Cambodia's Forgotten Temples Fall Prey to Looters
- News article on how guards now patrol Angkor Wat, but other cultural sites are being plundered daily.
- Photographs and a short synopsis of Khmer Empire ceramic art from Asia Art.
Sculpture of Angkor and Ancient Cambodia
- A virtual tour of Khmer Empire antiquities from the National Gallery of Art in Washington (QuickTime).
Tomb raiders and the phantom army
- From The Times, A comic book is the latest weapon in the fight against looters.
154 buried Buddha artifacts discovered in Cambodia
- From Xinhua, Cambodia's soldiers uncovered 154 miniature Buddhas coated with gold, silver and brass last weekin a plot in Stung Treng province. (March 15, 2005)
Sydney Morning Herald - Ancient temple discovered in jungle
- A previously unknown temple is found in the middle of the Cambodian jungle, constructed in dedication to Brahmin beliefs in the ninth or tenth century. (May 06, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 14:54:03 UTC -