become an editor
the entire directory
only in Asia/Cambodia
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Asia: Cambodia
Regional: Asia: Cambodia: Society and Culture: History
Despite War, Cambodians Protect their National Treasures
- The war that swept Cambodia during the past two decades has left its best-known temples and monuments virtually untouched.
Guardian - Cambodia's Forgotten Temples Fall Prey to Looters
- News article on how guards now patrol Angkor Wat, but other cultural sites are being plundered daily.
- Photographs and a short synopsis of Khmer Empire ceramic art from Asia Art.
The Origins of Angkor Archaeological Project
- The University of Otago investigates the Mun River valley of Northeast Thailand. Report on Bronze and Iron Age sites includes site notes, radiocarbon dates, graphics, maps, biographies, and bibliography.
Sculpture of Angkor and Ancient Cambodia
- A virtual tour of Khmer Empire antiquities from the National Gallery of Art in Washington (QuickTime).
Sculptures and Bas-reliefs in Khmer Art
- Offers an introduction, including pictures to the art of Angkor Wat.
Tomb raiders and the phantom army
- From The Times, A comic book is the latest weapon in the fight against looters.
154 buried Buddha artifacts discovered in Cambodia
- From Xinhua, Cambodia's soldiers uncovered 154 miniature Buddhas coated with gold, silver and brass last weekin a plot in Stung Treng province. (March 15, 2005)
Sydney Morning Herald - Ancient temple discovered in jungle
- A previously unknown temple is found in the middle of the Cambodian jungle, constructed in dedication to Brahmin beliefs in the ninth or tenth century. (May 06, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:59:06 AM EDT -