become an editor
the entire directory
only in Asia/Afghanistan
Regional: Asia: Afghanistan: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Altaic: Turkic: Uzbek
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Indo-Iranian: Iranian: Pashto
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Indo-Iranian: Iranian: Persian
Society: History: By Region: Asia: Central Asia
This category in other languages:
- A collection of photographs by Dr. Volker Thewalt of Kabul Museum exhibits, Bamiyan, and other important sites in Afghanistan.
BBC - Afghans Display Ancient Stone
- An article reporting the acquisition of the 2000 year old Kushan Rabotak Stone. Includes statements of tolerance for archaeological remains by the Taliban.
BBC - Experts Defer Buddhas' Rebuilding
- Conservation experts meeting in Kabul to rescue Afghan cultural heritage decide Kabul Museum should be restored before the giant statues.
Buddhist manuscripts from Afghanistan in The Schøyen Collection
- Information on the debate of ownership of Buddhist manuscripts from Afghanistan presently held in the private Schøyen Collection in Norway.
The Guardian - 'Miracle' of 2nd Century Bowl Saved From Taliban
- Museum curators risk their lives to protect a 2nd century AD stone wine bowl carved with Bacchanalian scenes of naked women and satyrs dancing and feasting.
The Impact of War upon Afghanistan's Cultural Heritage
- Paper presented at the AIA conference by Afghanistan's National Institute of Archaeology on the impact of war upon Afghanistan's cultural heritage. [PDF]
Christian Science Monitor - Afghanistan's Buddhas Still Under Threat
- Investigates a case of possible corruption in the arrest and immediate release of several thieves intent on stealing archaeological relics. (June 08, 2004)
BBC - Afghan Gold Stash Found Intact
- Report on a legendary store of 2,000-year old Afghan treasure, including gold and ancient manuscripts, found intact. (August 23, 2003)
Museum Under Siege
- An article by the Archaeological Institute of America detailing the ongoing efforts to rescue the collections of Afghanistan's National Museum. (May 26, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2013 at 11:58:52 UTC -