become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Zimbabwe
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Africa: Zimbabwe
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Zimbabwe: Society and Culture: History
Great Zimbabwe National Monument
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps and a description of the site.
Khami Ruins National Monument
- UNESCO World Heritage Site. Khami was developed after the capital of Great Zimbabwe had been abandoned in the mid-16th century, and is of great archaeological interest.
The Laboratory for Ceramic Research - Ceramics, Metal Craft and Settlement in Southeastern Zimbabwe
- Provides a report of a field work project begun in 1998 in the Buhera district. Includes photos.
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, a hill area with distinctive granite boulders and cliffs and much rock art.
Riddle of Great Zimbabwe
- When Portuguese traders first encountered the vast stone ruins of Great Zimbabwe in the sixteenth century, they believed they had found the fabled capital of the Queen of Sheba.
Zimbabwe Bird 'Flies' Home
- From BBC, a unique piece of Zimbabwe's cultural heritage has been returned after being looted almost 100 years ago. (May 15, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:46 UTC -