become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Sudan
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Sudan: Society and Culture: History
This category in other languages:
Black Pharaoh Trove Uncovered
- From BBC, A team of Swiss and French archaeologists unearth statues of Nubian kings, in Sudan.
- Site of a small settlement in about 2500 BC. Includes information and photographs of a range of artifacts.
- A brief history of the site of Gebel Barkal, Nubia.
The Mahas Survey Project
- University of Khartoum project undertaking a regional study of the archaeology and long-term history of the Mahas region of Middle Nubia, northern Sudan.
- From Archaeology, mapping of standing stones and megalithic structures in the Nubian Desert suggests that the Neolithic nomads who once inhabited the area were not only monitoring the heavens, but recording what they saw in monumental form.
The Nubia Salvage Project
- Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago project to salvage in the reservoir area of the Aswan High Dam (1960-64).
Nubia: Jebel Moya
- Ancient settlement that flourished around 500 to 100 BC and was excavated 1909-1914. Includes information and photographs of a range of artifacts.
X International Conference of Nubian Studies
- To be held at the University of Rome 9-14 2002. Contact information.
New Archaelogical Findings May Re-shape Sudanese History
- From Sudan Tribune, historians may have to revise their history of the Nile River valley following the recent discovery of seven statues in Karma, south of the Third Cataract, which represented monarchs during the ancient Nubian Kingdom. (May 02, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 22, 2015 at 1:14:39 UTC -