become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/South_Africa
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: South Africa: Society and Culture: History
This category in other languages:
African Rock Art: The Coldstream Stone
- Article on this small polychrome stone, found buried with a human skeleton near the Lottering River in the southern part of the Western Cape province.
Arts of the San People in Nomansland
- Article by Geoffrey Blundell on the paintings of the San people who survived in this area for longer than in other parts of South Africa.
Florisbad Quaternary Research Department of the National Museum
- Conducts interdisciplinary palaeo-environmental research, primarily in the central region of southern Africa. Includes research, publications and contact details.
Fossil Hominid Sites of Sterkfontein, Swartkrans, Kromdraai, and Environs
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps and a description of the site.
Fossil Hominid Sites of Sterkfontein, Swartkrans, Kromdraai, and Environs - UNESCO World Heritage Centre
- Description, photographs, maps and documents for these UNESCO World Heritage Centres.
Major Hominid Find in Southern Africa
- From the BBC, the oldest known hominid fossils yet found in southern Africa are uncovered at the Sterkfontein Caves.
National Museum Department of Archaeology
- Department aims to conduct scientific investigations of the lifestyles and customs of the early inhabitants of the Free State Province, South Africa.
- Archaeological excavations at a Stone Age site in the Northern Cape being undertaken by the University of Southampton.
Rock Art Department of the National Museum
- Aims to locate, record, interpret and manage the diverse rock engraving and rock painting traditions of southern Africa. Includes information, staff, collections, research, publications and contact details.
- One of the world's most productive and important palaeoanthropological sites.
UNESCO: uKhahlamba / Drakensberg Park
- Photographs and information on this park and the criteria for its selection as a World Heritage Centre.
Wesley Cracks Ancient Quest
- From the Edinburgh Evening News, amateur archaeologist has discovered a clutch of rare and ancient ostrich eggs.
Ancient Jewellery Found in African Cave
- From Nature, 75,000-year-old beads were found in the Blombos Cave on the southern tip of South Africa. (April 16, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 6, 2016 at 6:15:09 UTC -