become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Nigeria
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Nigeria: Society and Culture: History
Archaeology in Northeastern Nigeria
- Study from the University of Frankfurt which examines what archaeological discoveries in northeastern Nigeria have revealed about the history and culture of the area.
Ife (from ca. 350 B.C.)
- Article on this city which, according to the Yoruba people, is where the founding deities Oduduwa and Obatala began the creation of the world.
Ife Pre-Pavement and Pavement Era (800–1000 A.D.)
- Article on this ancient Yoruba city in south-western Nigeria.
Nok Terracottas (500 BC–200 AD)
- The Nok culture remains an enigma. It is one of the earliest African centers of ironworking and terracotta figure production.
Osun-Osogbo Sacred Grove
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of the site and a statement of significance.
Settlement Archaeology in Nigeria
- The history of scientific archaeological research in Nigeria and its relatively recent development.
Sukur Cultural Landscape
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of the site and a justification for inscription.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2015 at 15:45:06 UTC -