become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Mali
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Mali: Society and Culture: History
The Dogon Blacksmiths
- In Mali, on the cliffs inhabited by the Dogon, an ethnoarchaeologist and a cameraman participated in the reduction of iron ore.
Inland Niger Delta
- Article on the history of this region and the ancient city of Jenne-jeno or Djenne-jeno, which was first populated in about 250 B.C.
- Archeological project in Jenné-jeno, Mali.
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of this centre for the propagation of Islam throughout Africa in the 15th and 16th centuries.
Floods Damage Ancient Timbuktu
- From BBC, heavy rains in Mali destroy almost 200 old mud buildings in the desert city of Timbuktu amid fears of more flooding. (September 09, 2003)
Africa Losing Priceless Relics
- From CNN, but secrets buried in Djenne could be lost forever as antiquities are being plundered and sold to international art dealers. (October 10, 1995)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2015 at 15:45:04 UTC -