become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Kenya
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Africa: Kenya
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Kenya: Society and Culture: History
This category in other languages:
French Archaeological Mission of Gedi
- In the framework of a doctorate on Swahili fortifications, we have decided to undertook new archaeological excavations on the medieval site of Gedi in Kenya. This site has been chosen for the quality of conservation of its architectural vestiges, notably of its two town walls, its important surface of more than 18 hectares and its long duration of occupation from the 11th to the beginning of the 17th century
Introduction to Koobi Fora Exploration
- The Koobi Fora area has yielded a large number of fossils representing both Australopithecenes and early Homo.
Lamu Old Town
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of the site and a statement of significance.
Sacred Mijikenda Kaya Forests
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description and a statement of their outstanding universal value.
Petite Skull Reopens Human Ancestry Debate
- From New Scientist, Richard Potts, from the National Museum of Natural History at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC, and colleagues discovered numerous pieces of a single skull in the Olorgesailie valley. (July 01, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:25:07 PM EDT -