become an editor
the entire directory
only in Africa/Ethiopia
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Africa: Ethiopia
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Africa: Ethiopia: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Ethiopic
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa: Ethiopia
This category in other languages:
- Brief description of an ethnoarchaeological research project in the Ethiopian Highlands. Features map and photographs of fieldwork.
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps and a description of the ancient city.
Axum and the Ark of the Covenant
- Provides a history of the city, information on the Ark and its final resting place, what can be seen and when to visit.
The Axum Obelisk
- Italy promised in writing - in the 1947 Peace Treaty - to return the obelisk to Axum and is closer than ever to doing so. Past technical difficulties have been overcome.
Combating the Destruction of Ethiopia's Archaeological Heritage: Continued
- The Shire District Archaeological Survey Project returned to the Indasellassie region, north-western administrative zone of Tigray, northern Ethiopia in December 2003. Antiquity Vol 78 No 302 December 2004.
Foundations of Aksumite Civilization and Its Christian Legacy (1st–7th century A.D.)
- Images, maps, and text describing Aksum.
Harar Jugol, the Fortified Historic Town
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of the site and a justification for inscription.
The Monumental Stelae of Aksum (3rd–4th Century)
- Article on the ancient city's most renowned surviving monuments, a group of memorial obelisks in a great variety of form and scale.
Obelisk Returned to Ethiopia After 68 Years
- From the Guardian, the first piece of a huge 1,700-year-old granite obelisk was returned home from Italy to Ethiopia yesterday, 68 years after it was looted by the troops of the fascist Italian dictator Benito Mussolini.
Rock-Hewn Churches, Lalibela
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps and a description of the site.
Lucy Fossil Cleared for U.S. Tour
- MSNBC article reports that Ethiopia will send 2-million-year-old 'Lucy’ to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in 2007. (April 13, 2004)
Older than Egypt is Ethiopia
- From Al-Ahram, Ethiopia, the very cradle of mankind, the material evidence of its ancient civilisation alone attests to its former glory. (August 21, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:58:55 AM EDT -