become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/Africa
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Africa
Contractors and Consultants
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Regional: Africa: Regions: Southern Africa: Society and Culture: History
Society: History: By Region: Africa
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa
This category in other languages:
Africa Rock Art Archives
- Provides articles on the paintings and engravings found at various locations on the continent.
African Archaeology - the World Wide Web Virtual Library
- Offers links to field data, documentation, networking, institutions, universities, and SAFA, the Society of Africanist Archaeologists.
African Rock Art
- Article on the rock paintings and engravings found all over the continent which are Africa's oldest continuously practiced art form.
Apollo 11 (25,500–23,500 BC) and Wonderwerk (8000 BC) Cave Stones
- Provides information on paintings from these two locations which have been found by radio-carbon dating to be some of the oldest art in Africa.
Archaeology of Africa
- Offers information from research programs in Namibia and the eastern Sahara. Includes images, profiles and preservation data.
ArchNet - Africa and the Near East
- Provides a directory of resources for African archaeology.
Recording West Africa's Visible Archaeology
- By Dr. Patrick Darling at Bournemouth University, UK. Provides photos and descriptions of projects.
The Sasanians in Africa
- Discusses the history of late Sasanian Persia's encounters with the African people. Includes images and bibliography.
How did early humans first leave Africa?
- AP research article suggests coastal route for first humans migrating from Africa. (May 11, 2005)
Donkey Domestication Began in Africa
- Article discusses the origin of the donkey's domestication. From New Scientist. (June 16, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 12, 2009 at 15:12:30 UTC -