become an editor
the entire directory
only in Prehistory/Paleolithic
Periods and Cultures
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Biological Anthropology
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Evolutionary Psychology
This category in other languages:
And Then Came Clothing and Speech
- Mark Roberts discusses why was Europe colonised by hominids half a million years ago. Published in the Journal of British Archaeology in 1996.
Bradshaw Foundation: Ice Age Art
- Article on the figurines and sculptures of prehistoric Europe during the Upper Palaeolithic prehistory era.
Global Land Environments during the last 130,000 Years
- A description of climatic conditions during the Paleolithic.
- A guide to the climatic changes that occurred during the Paleolithic.
Old Stone Age
- Shannon McPherron (University of North Carolina, Greensboro) and Harold Dibble (University of Pennsylvania) report on research at several sites in Europe and Abydos in Egypt.
- A image gallery of megafauna on display at the Russian Paleontological Institute.
Reflections on the Style-Function Debate
- Summary of the style-versus-function debate regarding Paleolithic stone tools. Includes references.
Struggling artists of the Ice Age
- An article that argues that Paleolithic cave art is a depiction of human and animal relationships in prehistory.
From Art and Tools Came Human Origins
- Larry Barham reports in British Archaeology that evidence of modern human behaviour 200,000 years old may have been found in Africa. (March 01, 1999)
In This Dark Cavern Thy Burying Place
- An article by Andrew Chamberlain from British Archaeology discussing Paleolithic mortuary practices in Great Britain. (July 01, 1997)
Usenet sci.anthropology.paleo -
Usenet talk.origins -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2012 at 11:09:21 UTC -