become an editor
the entire directory
only in Post-Medieval/Industrial
Periods and Cultures
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Post-Medieval: Industrial
Recreation: Outdoors: Urban Exploration
Reference: Museums: Science: Technology: Industry
Society: History: By Topic: Places: Ghost Towns
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
This category in other languages:
Association for Industrial Archaeology
- Promotes the study, preservation and presentation of Britain's industrial heritage.
Exploring and Modern Ruins
- Karl Xydexx Jorgensen's photographs of abandoned places including Bannerman's Castle, the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania, and New York Central's Putnam Division Railroad.
Ind-arch Discussion List
- UK list to encourage discussion of industrial archaeology. Aims to help establish links between fieldwork, research, individuals and establishments. Browse and search archives and files.
- Photographs by Jef Poskanzer of abandoned industrial buildings in the United States, with related links.
Industrial Archaeology Video Archive
- Record past and present industrial activity on film and video for posterity.
King Bridge Company Museum
- Research on Zenas King and the King Iron Bridge and Manufacturing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Includes history, catalogues, photographs and links.
Mining Engineering History at Michigan Tech
- The history of Michigan Mining School. Mine shafts of Michigan: photos of old mining structures. Links to Michigan mining history web sites.
New York City Transit Scenes: Past and Present
- Historical and recent photos of the New York subway and other New York City transit scenes.
Society for Industrial Archeology
- Membership information, calendar, conference information, action alerts.
The Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Hours, memberships, events, research center collections and access information.
The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit
- Lowell Boileau's photographic tour of abandoned and demolished industrial structures in Detroit, including Henry Ford's Model T Automobile Plant.
The Great Lakes Industrial History Center
- Articles, images, maps, and resources documenting the history of shipping and industry on the Great Lakes.
The Hay Tor Quarries and Granite Tramway
- On Dartmoor, UK. An investigation of the present track and quarry layout and an attempt at reconstructing the original track layout and phases of development.
The Industrial History of Rugby (UK)
- Overview of transport, manufacturing, utilities and industrial housing.
The Night Photographer
- Making art out of his photographs of ghost towns, abandoned buildings and industrial equipment. Includes journals of his explorations.
The Trevithick Society
- Encourages interest in Cornish industrial archaeology through lectures, outings and other meetings and by publishing the results of individual research through its regular and occasional publications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:40:52 PM EST -