become an editor
the entire directory
only in Post-Medieval/Industrial
Periods and Cultures
Recreation: Outdoors: Urban Exploration
Reference: Museums: Science: Technology: Industry
Society: History: By Topic: Places: Ghost Towns
Society: History: By Topic: Science: Engineering and Technology
This category in other languages:
Association for Industrial Archaeology
- Promotes the study, preservation and presentation of Britain's industrial heritage.
The Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Hours, memberships, events, research center collections and access information.
The British Engineerium
- Restored working Victorian pumping station, housing a large collection of steam engines. History, education programs.
- Includes articles about the ironmaking region near Bergslagen, Sweden, from around 500 B.C. to the present.
Exploring and Modern Ruins
- Karl Xydexx Jorgensen's photographs of abandoned places including Bannerman's Castle, the town of Centralia, Pennsylvania, and New York Central's Putnam Division Railroad.
The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit
- Lowell Boileau's photographic tour of abandoned and demolished industrial structures in Detroit, including Henry Ford's Model T Automobile Plant.
The Great Lakes Industrial History Center
- Articles, images, maps, and resources documenting the history of shipping and industry on the Great Lakes.
The Hay Tor Quarries and Granite Tramway
- On Dartmoor, UK. An investigation of the present track and quarry layout and an attempt at reconstructing the original track layout and phases of development.
Ind-arch Discussion List
- UK list to encourage discussion of industrial archaeology. Aims to help establish links between fieldwork, research, individuals and establishments. Browse and search archives and files.
- Photographs by Jef Poskanzer of abandoned industrial buildings in the United States, with related links.
Industrial Archaeology Video Archive
- Record past and present industrial activity on film and video for posterity.
The Industrial History of Rugby (UK)
- Overview of transport, manufacturing, utilities and industrial housing.
King Bridge Company Museum
- Research on Zenas King and the King Iron Bridge and Manufacturing Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Includes history, catalogues, photographs and links.
Mining Engineering History at Michigan Tech
- The history of Michigan Mining School. Mine shafts of Michigan: photos of old mining structures. Links to Michigan mining history web sites.
New York City Transit Scenes: Past and Present
- Historical and recent photos of the New York subway and other New York City transit scenes.
The Night Photographer
- Making art out of his photographs of ghost towns, abandoned buildings and industrial equipment. Includes journals of his explorations.
Society for Industrial Archeology
- Membership information, calendar, conference information, action alerts.
The Trevithick Society
- Encourages interest in Cornish industrial archaeology through lectures, outings and other meetings and by publishing the results of individual research through its regular and occasional publications.
Tsongas Industrial History Center
- Educational programs about the American Industrial Revolution.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 16, 2015 at 12:12:04 UTC -