become an editor
the entire directory
only in Epigraphy/Maya
Periods and Cultures
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Mesoamerican: Maya
Society: History: By Region: North America: Ancient Age: Mayan
Early Belize History: Glyphs and Timeline
- Article describing discoveries in the interpretation of the Mayan script, and understanding of their historical records.
- Explanation of the Maya Calendar and software for Maya Calendar date conversion.
Mayan Calendrics Software
- Software for converting between dates in the Maya Calendar (long count, tzolkin haab) and dates in the Gregorian and Julian calendars. Allows specification of correlation number and year-bearer system.
Mayan Epigraphic Database Project
- An experiment in networked research on Classic Mayan epigraphy; a relational database of glyphs ("gnumbers"), images, phonetic values ("pvalues"), and semantic values ("svalues") according to the consensus among various American Mayanists (MacLeod and Reents-Budet 1994); archive of digitally transcribed Mayan texts.
- An exposition of Mayan calendar glyphs. Compares the monthly and yearly cycles with the current Gregorian calendar. Also, includes myths behind this system.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2013 at 5:24:03 UTC -