become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Cultures/Mesoamerican
Periods and Cultures
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Mesoamerican
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Central America
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Mesoamerican
Ancient Mesoamerican Civilizations
- Information on the writing systems, government and religions of the Maya, Mixtec, Zapotec, and Aztec, by Kevin L. Callahan, University of Minnesota, with references and links.
Archeological Sites Mesoamerica
- Joseph Sneed of the Colorado School of Mines provides information about selected archaeological sites relevant to a course on technology, environment and human adaptation in pre-european Mesoamerica.
Aztec, Olmec and Mesoamerica Directory
- Offers links categorized in five areas: art, daily life, maps, pictures, and research.
- Web list open to all persons interested in Pre-Columbian cultures, whether amateurs or professionals.
Chronological Table of Mesoamerican Archaeology
- D.K. Jordan's provisional chronology designed to accompany Michael D. Coe's books The Maya (1999) and Mexico (1994), on which it is largely based.
Debunking the Pyramids
- The pyramids of Egypt and Mesoamerica are related, right? This paper dispels myths regarding hyperdiffusionism and the pyramids, focusing on the dissimilarities of Mesoamerican and Egyptian pyramids.
The Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies
- Fosters increased understanding of ancient Mesoamerican cultures. Photographic archives of Justin Kerr and the technical drawing archives of Linda Schele and John Montgomery. Grant information and bibliography.
The Foundation of Latin American Anthropological Research
- Provides information about archaeology, art and architecture of the ancient Maya and other pre-Columbian cultures; photographic archive; travel; book service; and photography and imaging.
Institute for Mesoamerican Studies
- Non-profit institute studying the ancient and modern peoples and cultures of Mesoamerica.
Mesoamerica Web Ring by James Q. Jacobs
- Photo galleries of Teotihuacan, Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Palenque, Izapa, stone sculptures and artifacts. Includes a Mesoamerican archaeoastronomy article.
- Collected scholarly files, links, resources, software and reports relevant or interesting to Mesoamerican and Pre-Columbian Archaeology.
- Image gallery of Mesoamerican architecture.
Mesoamerican Photo Archives
- Features a gallery of photographs by David R. Hixson, a graduate student in Tulane University's Department of Anthropology.
Mesoamerican Themes and Chaco Canyon
- An essay with references by F. J. Mathien on archeological links between the native cultures of North and Central America. Part of a virtual conference on Chaco by the University of Colorado.
- A large collection of articles and resources on Mesoamerica and its cultures, primarily Maya, Aztec and Olmec, maintained by Joel Skidmore. Includes an illustrated encyclopedia of Mesoamerica.
- Publication features news and studies on Mesoamerica.
Middle American Research Institute (MARI)
- Conducts, supports, and publishes research in the anthropology, and especially the archaeology of Mexico and Central America.
Usenet sci.archaeology.mesoamerican -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2013 at 7:54:12 UTC -