become an editor
the entire directory
only in Medieval/Anglo-Saxon
Periods and Cultures
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches: Romanesque: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Society and Culture: History: Anglo-Saxon
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture
- The University of Durham hosts information on this publication project. Includes images and a map showing the counties covered by each volume.
ORB: Anglo-Saxon England
- Academic site with a wealth of resources. Provides essays, bibliographies, images, documents, links, and other resources.
St Laurence's Chapel at Bradford-on-Avon
- Southampton University explains its work on one of the best-preserved early church buildings in England. History, architecture, excavation, interpretation and computer-based reconstructions.
- Features the 7th or 8th-century Southern Anglian enclosure. Offers its history, opening times, fees and directions.
The Roads to Ruins
- From the BBC, The discovery of a chariot burial next to the A1 has highlighted the role of developers in modern archaeology. (December 18, 2003)
Archaeologists Take the Wraps off Lady Godiva
- The Telegraph reports that archaeologists have reconstructed what could be a glass portrait of Lady Godiva. (September 07, 2001)
Old Ruins, New World
- Article by Tim Eaton in British Archaeology on the way in which abandoned Roman sites in Britain were plundered for stone by Anglo-Saxon church builders. (August 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2013 at 11:25:26 UTC -