become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Cultures/Hellenistic
Periods and Cultures
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Hellenistic
Arts: Architecture: History: Periods and Styles: Classical: Greek
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Ancient Art: Greek
Arts: Classical Studies: Greek
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: Greece
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Greece
Society: History: Education: Ancient Civilizations
This category in other languages:
Colonization of the Black Sea by the Ancient Greeks
- An article by Igor V. Bondyrev. Peculiarity of geographic position and abundance of natural resources as well as unusual situation in home policy of Greece itself, complicated by the beginning of ecological crisis in regional ecosystems in Ancient Greece, all these made separate city-states to seek new sources for revenue on the coast of the Golden Fleece.
The Helike Project
- Ongoing investigation details of a major archeological site.
Maecenas: Images of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Photographs by Leo Curran, University of Buffalo, of Classical remains across Europe, with some models and reconstructions of their original appearance. Searchable.
- Ian Swindale and his students in Crete present the history of the magnificent frieze and sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and the campaign to return to Greece those now in the British Museum.
Greeks 'borrowed Egyptian Numbers
- From BBC, The classical pioneers of mathematics, astronomy and physics borrowed their number system from Egypt, research suggests. (September 17, 2003)
An Ancient Greek Computer
- Uncovered during a dive in 1901, near the isle of Antikythera. Page describes the components of what may be an early astronomical calculator thought to come from ancient Greece. Includes photos and sketches of the mechanical device. From the Scientific American magazine. (June 01, 1959)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:35:03 AM EDT -