become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Cultures/Harappan
Periods and Cultures
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Harappan
Language and Script
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Asia: Afghanistan
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Asia: India
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Asia: Pakistan
- A glimpse of South Asia before 1947, includes: a 90-slide show by Jonathon Kenoyer; photos; maps; and a detailed description of the Indus Civilization.
Ancient Gold Treasure Found
- An article from the BBC reporting the discovery in Uttar Pradesh of gold jewelry belonging to the Indus Valley.
The Demise of Utopia
- An article by Chris J D Kostman discussing the theorized collapse and transformation of the Harappan Civilization.
- A course outline.
In Search of Those Elusive Centers and Peripheries
- An article by Chris J.D. Kostman describing the place of the Harappan Civilization in 2nd millennia BCE world economy.
Indus Graffiti as Rock Art and Their Astronomical Implications
- Article by N. S. Valluvan discusses interpretations of the Kanaga sign.
Indus Valley Civilization
- A synopsis of the Harappan Civilization by Vinay Lal of the UCLA History Department.
The Indus Valley Civilization
- A short synopsis of the Harappan Civilization. Includes pictures.
Indus Valley Civilization in Gujarat
- Short descriptions of the Harappan towns of Dholavira, Lothal, and Surkotda.
Indus Valley, Inc.
- An article from Discover Magazine asking whether the growth and existence of this civilization was due to a capitalist base.
International Conference on Revisiting Indus/Sarasvati Age & Ancient India
- Details of a conference held in Georgia, 1996 by the World Association for Vedic studies and includes abstracts.
- One hundred slides of the largest ancient Indus Valley city, Mohenjodaro. Full bibliography and essay.
Locating Indus Civilization Pyrotechnological Craft Production
- Field research at the ancient Indus Valley city of Harappa concentrated on refining surface survey methods for the location of pyrotechnological manufacturing areas. (January 01, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2013 at 17:13:33 UTC -