become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Cultures/Celtic
Periods and Cultures
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Celtic
Society: Ethnicity: Celtic: History
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Pagan: Celtic
This category in other languages:
Celtic Coin Index
- The Internet version by John Hooker and Carin Perron. The coins of the Atrebatian king Epaticcus are on-line. Further records will be added in order of original cataloguing. Bibliography.
- An illustrated art-historical analysis of coins of the Coriosolites of Brittany by John Hooker, based on the La Marquanderie hoard from Jersey. Maps of hoard discoveries and mint zones.
Celtic Inscribed Stones
- Online database of all non-Runic inscriptions on stone monuments in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Dumnonia, Brittany and the Isle of Man AD 400-1000. Hosted by University College London.
Heuneburg Archaeological Project
- The focus of this project is a group of burial mounds or tumuli associated with one of the best excavated and most extensively studied late Hallstatt period (~600-400 BCE) hillfort settlements in western Europe, the Heuneburg.
The Heuneburg Museum
- The archaeology of a Celtic town in upper Swabia. Excavation finds in the museum and the hiking trail to the burial mounds and other monuments in the landscape.
- Description and images of a Celtic hillfort near Bopfingen, Baden-Wurttemberg.
Simon James's Ancient Celts Page
- The author of the controversial 'The Atlantic Celts' gives a summary of his views challenging the concept of Iron Age Britain as inhabited by Celts.
Understanding the British Iron Age
- Draft report of members of the Iron Age Research Seminar on future research directions for British Iron Age archaeology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2016 at 14:45:11 UTC -