become an editor
the entire directory
only in Periods_and_Cultures/Ancient_Egypt
Periods and Cultures
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Ancient Egypt
Museums and Collections
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Egyptian
Regional: Africa: Egypt: Society and Culture: History
Shopping: Ethnic and Regional: African: Northern: Egyptian
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa: Egypt
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa: Nubia
This category in other languages:
The Ancient Egypt Film Site
- Information on past and present films dealing with Ancient Egypt or Egyptology.
The Ancient Egypt Site
- The history, language and culture of Ancient Egypt, by Egyptologist Jacques Kinnaer.
Aspects of Life in Ancient Egypt
- Descriptions of daily life, material culture, social and political institutions, economy and geography of pharaonic Egypt
Date Converter for Ancient Egypt
- A scientific tool for converting calendar dates mentioned in Greek and Demotic Papyri from Egypt into Julian dates.
Dig Days: Hidden Treasures on View
- From Al-Ahram Weekly, can you imagine that an Ancient Egyptian physician once fitted a patient with a prosthetic toe?
Early Dynastic Egypt
- Francesco Raffaele presents an illustrated history of the second and third dynasties, king by king, with references. Also corpora of First Dynasty labels and Early Dynastic inscriptions, and articles.
Egypt's Treasures in Danger
- Egypt calls for urgent action to save the monuments of the Nile Delta.
Egyptian Royal Tombs of the New Kingdom
- Maps, diagrams, and detailed information about the Egyptian Royal Tombs from Kelley L. Ross.
Egyptology in Poland
- A portal for Polish Egyptology, includes a history, suggested readings, museums, links, and gallery.
- Internet resources, including mailing lists, news and gossip, contact information for institutes and individuals, journals and links from Nigel Strudwick.
- From Al-Ahram Weekly, Saqqara tomb of a scribe in Akhenaten's reign and a colossal statue of one of Ramses II's wives at Zagazig have shed more light on two famous Pharaohs.
Few Had Wealth in Ancient Egypt
- From Nature, Most ancient Egyptians were on the poverty line while a handful of priest-kings held fabulous wealth.
Further Observations Concerning the Valley of the Kings
- Article by Donald P. Ryan.
Giza Archives Project
- Designed to serve as a centralized online repository for archaeological activity at the Old Kingdom Giza necropolis, beginning with the Harvard University-Boston Museum of Fine Arts excavations (1902-1947). Page contains thousands of excavation photographs, expedition diary pages, object register book pages, maps, tomb plans and sections, books and articles.
The Global Egyptian Museum
- Includes 6,600 objects from 10 European collections, with extensive documentation and color photography.
Golden Hopes from Pharaoh's Map
- BBC reports that geologists and engineers in Egypt are searching for gold using a 3,000-year-old map, believed to have been drawn by King Seti I.
Hopkins in Egypt Today
- Records day-by-day activities of the Johns Hopkins University Expedition archaeological team in Egypt. Features details of the excavations with photos.
- The Leiden Excavations in the New Kingdom necropolis at Saqqara, Egypt.
Secrets of the Pharaohs
- PBS companion to the TV series focusing on new findings: genetic disease in the 18th dynasty; the tombs of the pyramid builders; mummy of a noblewoman and chantress from Luxor named Asru.
The Shaft, the Subway and the Causeway
- Nigel Skinner-Simpson tries to track down the evidence behind stories of tunnels in the Giza plateau.
Some Observations Concerning Uninscribed Tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Scholarly article by Donald P. Ryan, from C.N. Reeves (ed.), After Tutankhamun: Research and Excavation in the Royal Necropolis at Thebes (1992).
Spirit & Stone
- Articles about stone technology, the Sphinx and temples.
- Forum covers histories, cultures and customs from Nubia to ancient Egypt.
Wonders of Ancient Egypt
- Features the wonders, mysteries, religion and history of ancient and modern Egypt. With details and resources on related topics.
BBC: Pharaonic Tomb Find Stuns Egypt
- An ancient tomb is discovered in the Valley of the Kings, the first since Tutankhamun's was found in 1922. (February 10, 2006)
Elkab's Hidden Treasure
- From Al-Ahram, a 17th dynasty inscription found three months ago in Upper Egypt uncovered a critical and previously unknown Kushite attack on Egypt. (July 31, 2003)
- From Al-Ahram Weekly, excavations at Karnak Temple complex have been focusing on areas hitherto little explored, with rewarding results. (November 21, 2002)
The Sounds of Ancient Egypt
- Musicians believe music will help us understand ancient Egypt's spoken language. (May 11, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 22:05:06 UTC -