become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Aerial Archaeological Research Group
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and information on aerial archaeology. British based, but has international membership. Bi-annual newsletter, and events.
Anglo-Israel Archaeological Society
- Promotes lectures in the UK, publishes an annual Bulletin and provides travel grants. The lecture programme and Bulletin contents list are online, together with details of the committee and membership.
The Arbeia Society
- Carries out archaeological research and reconstruction archaeology at Arbeia Roman Fort, South Shields, UK. Annual conferences are held and regular journals and magazines produced.
Association for Environmental Archaeology
- For the study of past human interaction with the environment through archaeology and related disciplines. Events, newsletter, abstracts of its journal 'Environmental Archaeology'.
Association for Industrial Archaeology
- Study, preservation and presentation of Britain's Industrial Heritage. Publishes AIA Industrial Archaeology Review: subject index of volumes 1-19 and abstracts of recent volumes online.
Association for the Study and Preservation of Roman Mosaics
- Annual journal Mosaic: contents list of current volume. Project: a complete catalogue of the Roman Mosaics of Britain. News, illustrated articles, book reviews.
Association of Local Government Archaeological Officers
- Aims to represent all archaeologists working for local authorities and national parks throughout England and Wales. Activities; committees; brief guide to archaeology in local government.
British Archaeological Association (BAA)
- For the study of archaeology, art and architecture. Annual conference at an important medieval center, collating recent research on the major building(s) thereof, published as BAA Conference Transactions (list of titles online). Lecture program, scholarships.
British Brick Society
- Promotes the study and recording of the archaeology and history of bricks, brickmaking and brickwork. Activities, membership application form.
British Cave Research Association
- A registered charity promoting the study of caves. Organizes a program of meetings including the UK national caving conference and an events diary.
Council for Independent Archaeology
- Established to assist amateur archaeologists and local archaeological societies. Includes history, subscription details, conferences and meetings, reports and proposals.
Early Materials Forum
- An informal organization with an interest in the analytical study of archaeological and historical materials, , including glass, ceramics, metals, resins, textiles, stone and pigments. Organizers, meetings.
Egypt Exploration Society
- Publications, news, excavation reports and contact information concerning this British Egyptological society.
Finds Research Group
- Forum for those interested in or researching artifacts from AD700-1700. Conferences, information sheets on different types of artifact (listed).
Hinckley Field Walking Group
- Field walking, archaeology and local history research and interpretation group based in Hinckley, south west Leicestershire, UK
Historical Metallurgy Society
- Forum for exchange of information and research in the subject. Annual conference. Publishes annual journal Historical Metallurgy (contents list of all volumes.)
ICON: Institute of Conservation: Archaeology Group
- The representative body for professional conservators. Includes officers, news, events, resources and publication list.
Manchester Ancient Egypt Society
- For those interested in Ancient Egypt. Lecture program, meetings and visits to museums.
Medieval Pottery Research Group
- For those with an interest in pottery vessels made, traded, and used in Europe between the end of the Roman period and the 16th century. Annual conference. Annual journal Medieval Ceramics (illustrated abstracts of current volume.)
Medieval Settlement Research Group
- Includes archaeologists, geographers, historians and others interested in the subject, meetings, and an annual report.
Nautical Archaeology Society
- Training in Scotland. Page hosted by the University of St Andrews.
Palestine Exploration Fund
- Promotes research into the Levant, including its archaeology. Current and past research, events, lecture program, publications, collections and grants.
The Prehistoric Society
- Concerned with prehistory world-wide, its membership is drawn from many countries. Newsletters online, lectures, events, grants, merchandise.
Quaternary Research Association
- For archaeologists, botanists, civil engineers, geographers, geologists, soil scientists, zoologists and others interested in research on the Quaternary. Most members are in Great Britain, but membership extends to most European countries, North America, Africa and Australasia.
Rescue: The British Archaeological Trust
- An independent charitable organization supporting the preservation of UK archaeological heritage. Publishes 'Rescue News': contents list online.
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
- Responsible for the National Monuments of Record Wales. Databases on archaeological, built and maritime heritage of Wales.
Society for Interdisciplinary Studies
- UK-based organization with worldwide membership, interested in radical approaches in the fields of cosmology, geology, catastrophism and ancient history. Publishes the journal 'Chronology and Catastrophism Review' (contents of all issues listed online).
Society for Landscape Studies
- Holds conferences, seminars and field meetings. Publishes the journal 'Landscape History': abstracts of recent volumes and contents lists of all others.
Society for Medieval Archaeology
- Newsletter, research funds administered by the society for which applications can be made, membership fees, brief details of the society's journal and monograph series.
Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology
- Conferences, newsletters, international journal 'Post-Medieval Archaeology'. Site hosted by the CBA.
Society for the Promotion of Roman Studies
- Publishes 'Journal of Roman Studies' and 'Britannia' and monographs (abstracts online). Activities, lectures, grants.
Society of Antiquaries of London
- Founded in 1717. Its elected members are concerned with the antiquities and history of the UK and other countries. Information on its library, grants, publications.
- A society for those interested in man-made and man-used underground space - from deneholes to dug-outs and from souterrains to subways.
Young Archaeologists' Club
- For anyone between the ages of 8-16 with an interest in archaeology. Local branches, magazine, National Archaeology Days, discounts on entrance fees to sites and monuments for YAC members.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 10:05:06 UTC -