become an editor
the entire directory
only in Methodology/Dating
Amino Acid Racemization
Science: Earth Sciences: Quaternary Studies: Age-Dating Techniques
This category in other languages:
Clocks in the Rocks
- Radioactive decay processes have proven particularly useful in radioactive dating for geologic processes. Uranium-lead, potassium-argon, and rubidium-strontium dating.
Confirmation of near-absolute dating of east <br>Mediterranean Bronze-Iron Dendrochronology
- Three decades of work by the Aegean Dendrochronology Project (ADP) led by Peter Ian Kuniholm have established a long tree-ring sequence covering much of the Bronze-Iron Age periods of the east Mediterranean
On The Antiquity Of Pots
- From ScienceDaily, the contents of ancient pottery could help archaeologists resolve some longstanding disputes in the world of antiquities, thanks to scientists at Britain's University of Bristol. The researchers have developed the first direct method for dating pottery by examining animal fats preserved inside the ceramic walls.
The Ultimate Tree-Ring Web Pages
- Organized collection of information and links on tree-ring research, or dendrochronology, by Henri D. Grissino-Mayer.
New Method Determining Age Of Neolithic Artifacts
- A UC Irvine archaeological scientist has created a new method for determining the approximate age of many artifacts between 50,000 to 100,000 years old, a period for which other dating methods are less effective. (April 13, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:23 UTC -