become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
1999 Mission San Antonio Field School
- Cal Poly 6 credit hours, six-week school at San Antonio de Padua, an early Spanish mission in central California founded by Father Serra in 1771.
2000 Historical Archaeology Field School
- Early 19th century American Fur Company headquarters in Mendota, Minnesota.
Center for Heritage Resource Studies - New Philadelphia, Illinois Field School
- Features details of recent research, FAQs, and contact information.
Crow Canyon Archaeological Center
- Nonprofit organization in Cortez, Colorado is dedicated to involving the public in the study of archaeology and Native American cultures. Features programs and a calendar, conducted excavation and research, current projects, and publications.
Dig Afognak Archaeological Expedition
- A participatory archaeological field camp in Alaska on Afognak Island. Learn about the prehistoric and historic lifeways of the Alutiiq people and the landscape that shaped their lives and culture.
Field Classes in Archaeology Malaeimi and Malaeloa, Tutuila, American Samoa
- Describes the results of recent field classes in archaeology conducted jointly by the American Samoa Community College and the University of Oregon. The Samoan and Pacific Studies Department of American Samoan Community College and the University of Oregon Anthropology Department co-sponsored the summer school projects beginning in 1998 under the direction of Dr. William S. Ayres.
Historical Archaeology in Bermuda
- Annual field school in 17th-century St George from Bristol University offering training in historical archaeology, buildings archaeology and field techniques. Project background, staff and application.
Michigan Technological University - West Point Foundry Archaeology Project
- Offers a seven-week summer session providing training at Cold Spring, New York site. Includes project details, photographs and contact information.
Northern Great Basin Prehistory Project
- Archaeology and geoarchaeology field school. Features applications, photo galleries, and contacts. University of Oregon.
Pima College Centre for Archaeological Field Training
- This center in Arizona provides students with practical archaeological field experience. A wide range of field and technical classes are offered. Courses, staff, degrees.
Port Tobacco Archaeological Project
- Public archaeology project in southern Maryland that accepts volunteers for fieldwork, labwork, and archival research.
Totah Archaeological Project Field School
- The San Juan College field school is six-weeks and worth 9 credits. Excavation is conducted on Chaco Anasazi sites on the B Square Ranch in Farmington, New Mexico.
UMass Archaeological Field School
- Archaeological Field School in the Connecticut River Valley (Deerfield, MA)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 21, 2015 at 12:33:04 UTC -