become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Contractors and Consultants
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Archaeologists: Europe: United Kingdom
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Abingdon Archaeological Geophysics
- An organization which carries out magnetometery and resistivity surveys to help locate and understand archaeological sites. Services offered and associated costs.
Air Photo Services
- Specialize in aerial photographic interpretation, rectified mapping from aerial photographs, CAD and GIS solutions and aerial photography. Services, cases studies, clients, staff.
- An archaeological company, formerly Bedfordshire County Archaeology Service. Company profile, services, recent work.
Alison Deegan, Air Photo Interpreter
- Provides air photo interpretation, mapping and analysis to archaeologists, curators and developers. Outline of technique and application
Archaeobotanical Services Glasgow
- Freelance archaeobotanical and environmental archaeology consultancy. Provides a profile and details of projects and services offered which include the specialist identification of carbonised and waterlogged plant remains and wood charcoal.
Archaeological Investigations Ltd
- Hereford company specializing in excavations and evaluations, geophysical survey, building recording, and medieval pottery. Services offered and contact information.
Archaeological Services University of Durham
- The contractual field archaeology unit associated with the Department of Archaeology. Services, projects.
Archaeological Solutions Ltd
- An independent unit providing a wide range of professional services across Southern England. Staff, services, clients, news, projects and publications. Formerly, the Hertfordshire Archaeological Trust (HAT)
Archaeology & Planning Solutions
- Specialising in archaeological desk-based assessments and heritage sections for environmental impact assessments throughout the UK. Recent Projects are also outlined.
Archaeology Data Service
- A searchable digital archive for archaeology, including Sites and Monuments Records for parts of the UK and Excavation Index for England. Text of CBA Research Reports. (Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- The commercial contracts division of the Institute of Archaeology, University College London. Based at Portslade, Sussex. Services, staff, contact.
- Provider of archaeological geophysics, non-invasive survey, topographical survey, 3D landscape modelling and walkover survey. Includes information on these techniques, company profile, recent project descriptions, and job vacancies.
- Based near York. Offers topographic or landscape survey, building survey, plan digitising, 3D reconstruction, animated walk-throughs, database design, archaeological fieldwork and research.
- Archaeological consultancy based in west Dorset. Provides details of the services offered, personnel, recent projects and work opportunities.
Avon Archaeology Unit
- An independent archaeological consultancy based in Bristol, offering a full range of services. Services, staff, clients.
- Consultant specializing in industrial archaeological evaluations, historical assessments, and commissioned histories and related interpretive materials. Background, publications, and contact information.
- Provides a range of services including watching briefs, evaluations, excavations, surveys, desk-based assessments and historic building recording. Services offered, recent clients and projects, contact information.
Birmingham University Field Archaeology Unit
- Undertakes archaeological research and training throughout Britain and abroad. Staff, projects, courses. Virtual Wroxeter Roman Fortress.
Brick and Tile Services
- Based in York. A consultant for the recording, analysis and researching of ceramic building materials from archaeological excavations. Non-commercial consulting particularly welcomed
Brigantia Archaeological Practice
- Archaeological consultancy services, providing help with planning matters, Scheduled Monument Consents, and archaeological input to Environmental Impact statements.
Bristol and Region Archaeological Services
- BaRAS is part of Bristol Museums and Art Gallery in the Cultural Services division of Bristol City Council. Offers surveys, historical research, excavation and education. News on Bristol archaeology and the Nevis project.
Cambrian Archaeological Projects Limited
- An independent professional practice offering a wide variety of archaeological services. News on projects and job vacancies.
Cambridge Archaeological Unit
- Offers cultural resource management, archaeological mitigation and analysis, supported by the academic and scientific expertise of the University of Cambridge. Staff, reports, excavations.
Canterbury Archaeological Trust
- A registered charity which excavates, records buildings and provides planning advice and an education service. Information on services and publications, news, finds and Friends of the Trust.
CFA Archaeology Ltd
- Professional archaeologists based in Musselburgh, East Lothian, offering consultancy, field work and post excavation analysis.
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust
- Charitable trust providing curatorial, contractual and educational services. Annual report, staff, services, 'Windows on the Past: A review of 25 years of discovery by CPAT'.
Colchester Archaeological Trust
- A charity providing a full range of archaeological services. Information on services, news and publications about archaeological discoveries in Colchester.
Compass Archaeology Limited
- Based in central London and headed by Robin Densem and Geoff Potter. Excavation, evaluation, preservation in-situ, PPG16, desk-top studies and lectures.
Context One Archaeological Services
- Based in Salisbury. Offers Consultancy, research, on-line reports, geophysics, equipment, survey and excavation. Project news, reports and vacancies
Dyfed Archaeological Trust
- Archaeological trust serving Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. Offers services for the protection, investigation, recording and promotion of the historic environment.
Earthsound Archaeological Geophysics
- Offers a professional geophysical consultancy service for field assessments in Ireland, the UK, and Europe. Provides details of recent work, a diary, and contact information.
Earthworks Archaeological Services
- Offers a full range of archaeological services and specializes in the evaluation and excavation of sites prior to redevelopment. Services offered, client list, sample projects.
- Swindon-based group headed by Roy King offers consultancy, contracting, aerial photography and pottery research.
- Consultancy in the analysis and interpretation of ancient metallurgical residues (slags), based in Cardiff. Project to reconstruct a Roman bloomery furnace. Services include Geophysics, Geoarchaeological and Archaeometallurgical analysis. Project news and research material.
The Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust Ltd
- Charitable trust providing curatorial, commercial and educational services. Provides information on services, staff, publications, project archive and news.
Glasgow University Archaeology Research Division
- GUARD has provided archaeological expertise to a wide range of clients throughout Scotland. Personnel, interim reports on recent projects.
Gwynedd Archaeological Trust
- An educational charity which advises the public and private sectors, maintains the regional Sites and Monuments Record and undertakes archaeological work. English and Welsh language versions.
- Based in Edinburgh and providing consultancy and contracting services. Company details, services, personnel, recent finds, publications.
The Heritage Network Limited
- Undertaking commercial archaeological projects for clients involved in development, pipelines, road schemes, quarries, agriculture and landscaping. Surveying, recording, publications and educational talks.
Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire
- Archaeological Project Services section offers project design and management, desk-top assessments, watching briefs, evaluations, excavations, building surveys. Recent projects.
Humber Field Archaeology
- A contracting unit covering the East Riding of Yorkshire. Services, projects.
John Moore Heritage Services
- Providing archaeological and historic buildings advice, services and support for private individuals, commercial developers and local authorities. Details of services, projects and clients.
- Reading based consultancy offering archaeological services including on site project management for utility services and local councils. Services offered and contact information.
Museum of London Archaeology Service
- Services offered to the construction industry, publications, how to join the European Association of Archaeologists, and details of the City of London Archaeological Trust.
On Site Archaeology
- York based company providing archaeological services for the planning process. Services offered, staff and recent project profiles, employment opportunities.
- One of the largest archaeological practices in Europe. Details of services and staff, news and gallery. Sells its large publication output online; there are also some free ebooks.
Oxford Archeology East
- Offers archaeological research, excavation and recording, mainly in Cambridgeshire. Provides details of services offered, recent excavations, projects and outreach.
Palaeoecology Research Services
- Contract arm of the Environmental Archaeology Unit, Department of Biology, University of York. Profile, staff, services.
- Contractor: describes activities, publications and discoveries; contact information.
Souterrain Archaeological Services
- Warwickshire based archaeological contractor specialised in GPS survey and Geophysical survey. Services offered, equipment used, client list, contact information.
Stewartry Archaeological Trust
- Features excavation of a Neolithic round cairn at Newbarns, and southern Bailey and defences of Buittle Castle, Ingleston. Archive of news, photographic gallery, discussion forum and contacts at Rhonehouse.
- Offers geophysical and specialist survey services, engineering and environmental investigations.
Thames Valley Archaeological Services
- A medium-sized archaeological field unit in Reading offering a wide range of services. Profile, news, publication list.
Trent and Peak Archaeology
- An archaeological service based at Nottingham University. Staff directory, past projects and publications.
Trysor Archaeological Services
- Archaeological consultants based in South Wales and offering a fully bi-lingual service. Includes services, portfolio and news. [English, Welsh]
University of Leicester Archaeological Services
- Services provided by ULAS, staff, news, publications, sample projects and a gallery of images.
- This non-profit-making body based near Salisbury is one of the biggest archaeological practices in the country. Services include maritime archaeology. Profile, services.
West Yorkshire Archaeology Service
- Technical Services arm of WYAS offers a complete range of archaeological services.
White Horse Archaeology
- A Wiltshire-based archaeology consultancy providing preliminary advice, desk-top studies, site assessments, landscape surveys, excavation, aerial photography, lectures and training.
York Archaeological Trust
- Online exhibition "Secrets Beneath your Feet" celebrates 25 years of archaeological discovery in York. Also profile of the organization, publications and job vacancies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 11, 2015 at 11:52:39 UTC -