become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeologists/North_America
Cotter, John Lambert
Forbis, Richard George
Griffin, James B.
Kidder, Alfred Vincent
Lewis, Madeline D. Kneberg
MacNeish, Richard Stockton
Watson, Patty Jo
Contractors and Consultants
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America
Ackerman, Robert E.
- Profile of this Washington State University Professor. Research interests include the earliest evidence for the movement of hunter-gatherers into coastal and interior regions of northeast Asia and Alaska.
Arnold, Jeanne E.
- Detailed profile of this University of California, Los Angeles, Professor. Research interests include craft specialization, exchange systems, California, Pacific Coast of North America.
Baker, William Ellmore (1877-1957)
- William “Uncle Bill” Baker deserves recognition as one of the pioneer avocational archaeologists of the Plains, with work spanning thirty years (late 1920’s-1950’s) in the Oklahoma panhandle and surrounding region.
Brauner, David R.
- Curriculum vitae of this Oregon State University Professor. Research interests include historical archaeology and cultural resource management of the northwest.
Carlson, Roy L.
- Brief profile of this Simon Fraser University Professor Emeritus. Research interests include Northwest Coast, the Southwest and PaleoIndian cultures.
- Profile of this Harvard University Associate Professor. research interests include the origins of agriculture in New England, as well as the relationship between changing environment and subsistence choices.
- University of Western Ontario professor whose research Interests include ecological anthropology, geoarchaeology, and prehistoric eastern North America, Ontario.
- Brief profile of this College of Willam and Mary Adjunct Assistant Professor. Research centers on the late precontact and early colonial archaeology of Native American societies in the Middle Atlantic region.
- Brief curriculum vita of this San Diego State University professor. Research interests include the development of chiefdom societies and exchange.
Jones, Terry L.
- Curriculum vita of this California Polytechnic State University Assistant Professor. Research interests include North American prehistory and hunter-gatherer ecology.
Keeley, Lawrence H.
- Profile of this University of Illinois Chicago Professor. Research interests include Paleolithic archaeology, functional analysis of stone tools and experimental archaeology.
Kelley, John Charles (1913-1997)
- Obituary from the Society for American Archeology newsletter. Kelley was not only the foremost authority on northwest Mexico, he had command of Mesoamerican and southwestern archaeological and ethnohistoric literature as well.
Kohler, Timothy A.
- Brief biography and selected publications of this Washington State University professor. Specializations include the archaeology of the southwestern United States.
Lipe, William D.
- Brief profile and curriculum vitae of this Washington State University Professor Emeritus. Research interests include the North American Southwest, archaeological method and theory, and cultural resource management.
Murphy, James L.
- Curriculum vitae of this Ohio State University archaeology and library science specialist.
O'Brien, Michael J.
- Brief profile of this University of Missouri Professor. Research includes the archaeology of hunter-collectors, 19th-century American frontier settlement, origins of domestication, and ceramic technology.
Pleger, Thomas C.
- Curriculum vitae of this University of Wisconsin Assistant Professor. Research interests include prehistoric and historic archaeology of the Great Lakes region.
Schiffer, Michael Brian
- Detailed biography of this University of Arizona Professor. Research interests include behavioral archaeology, archaeological method and theory, experimental archaeology, technology and society, and ceramic technology.
- Detailed profile of this UMass Boston professor. Research interests include the archaeology of Native American responses to colonialism, collaborative indigenous archaeology, theories of identity and labor, New England and California.
Steward, Julian Haynes (1902-1972)
- Photograph and biographical details of this archaeologist and a selected bibliography.
SWAnet Contact an Archaeologist
- An self-listed e-mail directory of archaeologists working in the American southwest who welcome contacts.
Williams, Patrick Ryan
- Curriculum vitae of this Assistant Professor of Archaeology at Boston University teaches GIS and remote sensing.
Zubrow, Ezra B.
- Profile of this University of Buffalo professor. Research interests include simulation methods, demography and marginal cultural areas in the US, Europe, and Philippines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 15, 2014 at 9:45:04 UTC -