become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Archaeologists: Europe: United Kingdom
Evans, Sir Arthur
Petrie, William Matthew Flinders
Pitt -Rivers, General Augustus Henry Lane-Fox
Wheeler, Sir Mortimer
Contractors and Consultants
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Addyman, Peter (1939- )
- Interview in British Archaeology September 1995 with the Director of the successful York Archaeological Trust and retiring President of the CBA.
Bradley, Richard (1946- )
- Interview in British Archaeology December 1996 with the Professor of Archaeology at Reading and noted British prehistorian.
- The University of Edinburgh Bulletin May 1996 announces the appointment as Honorary Professor of David Breeze, Chief Inspector of Ancient Monuments, Historic Scotland. Photograph and profile.
- Profile of this University of Wales, Lampeter, professor. Illustrated outlines of his projects at Swaledale and St Kilda.
Grinsell, Leslie (1907-95)
- Obituary from British Archaeology May 1995 of the man who examined and recorded some 10,000 barrows. Keeper of Archaeology Bristol City Museum 1952-72.
Hawkes, Jacquetta (1910-1996)
- Obituary in British Archaeology May 1996 of a leading populariser of archaeology, author of the Atlas of Ancient Archaeology and the Shell Guide to British Archaeology.
- Brief profile of this University of Southampton Professor. Research interests include urbanism, particularly of the Saxon period, and metalwork.
Jones, Barri (1936-1999)
- Obituary in The Guardian July 23 1999 of the charismatic Welsh-born Professor at Manchester University, a noted Romanist. Contributions to archaeology included aspects of ancient Italy, north Africa, Roman Britain and Roman mining, and also played a leading role both in popularising his subject and creating a professional regional archaeology service.
Jope, Martyn (1915-1996)
- Obituary in British Archaeology February 1997 of the founder and head of the archaeology department, Queen's University, Belfast.
- Photograph and brief biography of the Professor of Roman Archaeology at Leicester University who led recent projects in the Libyan Sahara and the Jordanian Desert.
- Photograph, research interests and publication list of Professor Peacock, Head of the University of Southampton Department of Archaeology, best-known for his work on pottery and stone analysis.
- Profile of this University of Bristol Lecturer. Research interests include Palaeolithic European archaeology and chronometric dating techniques.
Rodwell, Warwick (1947- )
- Interview in British Archaeology July 1997 with the ground-breaking fabric analyst and author of the standard textbook on church archaeology.
Thackray, David (1948- )
- Interview in British Archaeology June 1995 with the chief archaeologist for the National Trust.
Hurst, John (1928-2003)
- Obituary from The Guardian for one of the founding fathers of British medieval archaeology. (May 13, 2003)
Fox, Cyril - Archaeologist Extraordinary
- News Wales reports that a biography, written by Cyril Fox's son, will be launched next week at the National Museum of Wales, where Fox was once keeper of archeology. (September 24, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:23:41 PM EDT -