become an editor
the entire directory
only in Lost_Civilizations/Atlantis
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Alternative: Lost Civilizations: Atlantis
This category in other languages:
Amy Smith's Atlantis
- Ice age Caribbean Atlantis destroyed in 10,000 B.C. by a megaflood. Information, images and links.
Ancient Mysteries and Civilizations
- Comparisons between the civilizations of Ancient Egypt and the Lost Continent of Atlantis.
- A chapter from the book Atlanticas by Gábor Bihari. Plato never for a moment spoke of a continent! He always mentioned Atlantis as an island. He wrote: " there was an island, which was bigger than Libya and Asia combined."
- Collected and original essays on the topic of Atlantis.
- Article from Wikipedia on the legendary island, Plato's account of it, more recent views, and location hypotheses.
Atlantis - Fact, Fiction or Exaggeration?
- Informational site on Atlantis and the story behind it.
Atlantis - The Lost Continent Finally Found
- Long articles by a Brazilian scientist, Prof. Arysio Santos. Various locations, science and mythology discussed. Conclusion: Atlantis was in the South China Sea
Atlantis 2008 Conference Athens Greece
- The official website of the international conference on Atlantis held in Athens, Greece in 2008.
Atlantis and Noah's Flood
- Presents the theory that Atlantis is submerged in the Black Sea, an event which it is claimed happened following the breach of the Bosporus land barrier at the beginning of the European Neolithic period.
- Constantin Benetatos argues that the northern Europeans are purer descendants of the Atlanteans than their Mediterranean counterparts.
Atlantis in the Caribbean
- Discussion stemming from Cayce's correct prediction of underwater cities being discovered in Bimini - from the book Atlantis: Insights From a Lost Civilization, by Shirley Andrews
Atlantis or Thira
- Discusses the possibility that the Minoan civilization on Thira, Crete, and those island surrounding was actually the lost civilization of Atlantis.
The Atlantis Project
- Aims to be a collaboration site for serious Atlantis researchers.
- A speculative history of Atlantis and the mysteries surrounding it.
Atlantis: Myth or Reality?
- Working theory attempting to make a connection between ancient writings and maps with more recent discoveries.
Atlantis: Timaeus and Critias
- One of the earliest, and most quoted, mention of the lost continent of Atlantis, came from these two dialogues of Plato.
Bermuda Triangle Stargate
- A German historian/scuba diver has recorded the exact location and value of deviations in magnetic fields off The Bahamas coast. Are they connected to Atlantis? Dr. Michael Preisinger investigates.
Echoes of Plato's Atlantis
- Article from the BBC describing the origin and development of the myth of Altantis. Includes theories about the possible location of the ancient advanced civilization.
Edgar Cayce on Atlantis
- Readings by Cayce relating to the lost continent of Atlantis.
Galactic Encounters, Apollo Objects and Atlantis
- Discusses Apollo asteroid objects, their collisions with Earth, the Ice Age, and how these relate to Atlantis and the Great Flood. By Emilio Spedicato
The Language of the Lost City of Atlantis Continent
- In depth article about the Antediluvian Worldwide Language of Atlantis. Complete alphabet and links with old Greek and Hebrew.
The Lost Continent: Atlantis
- Discussion and speculation about Atlantis, its location and the Minoan connection.
- Provides details of a book of this title. Also offers several articles, and information on tours to visit locations associated with Plato's story of Atlantis.
Quest for Atlantis
- A scholarly study of Plato's Atlantis covering linguistic connections, myths, geology, archeaology, anthropology and Egyptian and Sanskrit writings.
- Complete ebooks of primary texts about Atlantis by Plato, Donnelly, Bulwer-Lytton, Scott-Elliot. Includes Donnellys' 'Atlantis the Antediluvian World' and the hard to find 'Ragnarok'; with illustrations.
The Sunken Kingdom: The Atlantis Mystery Solved
- Written by an historian and archaeologist, this book takes an entirely new approach. It reviews previous theories, some fantastic, some more rational, and shows why they will not work; concluding with the story of Atlantis came from western Turkey, where a major Bronze Age city was devastated by an earthquake and submerged beneath a lake.
- An Underwater Archaeological Research Team - traveling the world and filming a series of virtual expeditions featured live on the Internet!
When the Sky Fell: In Search of Atlantis
- Colorful 20-page (linear) article that proposes Antarctica as the site of Atlantis, destroyed by a pole-shift. An extension of Hapgood's work.
World Mysteries - Atlantis
- Explore the only existing written records which specifically refer to Atlantis: Plato's Timaeus and Critias. Includes related resources.
Usenet alt.legend.atlantis -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 30, 2012 at 7:05:05 UTC -