become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative/Archaeoastronomy
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Alternative: Archaeoastronomy
Von Daniken, Erich
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Archaeoastronomy
Adventures in Astro-Archaeology:Dance of the Gods
- A research site for astronomical sources of world mythology and religions.
- Links to all ancient astronomy related articles by James Q. Jacobs. Covers many cultures. Includes a bibliography and photos.
Archaeoastronomy in Eastern Liguria
- Megalithism and shamanism on Caprione's promontory: recent studies. Lerici, Italy.
Archaeoastronomy, Astrology and Ancient Egypt
- Examines various unique aspects of Egyptian archaeoastronomy including the alignment of Khufu's southern shafts with ecliptic and lunar orbital places, the dating the GP to 4420BC, the astroarchaeological associations of the Narmer Palette and the King Lists.
- Overview of archaeoastronomy. Includes maps, almanacs and video archive.
Archaeogeodesy, a Key to Prehistory
- Archaeogeodesy encompasses prehistoric and ancient place determination, point positioning, navigation, astronomy, and measure and representation of the earth and geodynamic phenomena.
Archaeology, Astronautics and SETI Research Association
- Official: includes information on astroarchaeology and extraterrestrials on earth; membership and contact information.
- Highlights of abuses of astronomy in archaeoastronomy.
Earth's Precessional Cycle: The Sacred Geometry of Global Change
- Describes the Precessional Cross occurring now in Earth's ~25,000 year Precessional Cycle and the evolution of human consciousness.
Heliocentric System and Precession of the Tholos of Epidavros
- The circular shape of the Monument represents two astronomical theories concerning the Sun: the Geocentric theory of the Sun's apparent course and the Heliocentric theory. In depth discussion of both aspects of this Greek monument.
The Nebra Sky Disc
- An alternative interpretation of the Nebra Sky Disc.
Oh My God, They Killed SOHO
- On Wednesday, June 24, 1998, at 7:16 p.m., EDT, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO), a joint NASA/ESA spacecraft, mysteriously went "off-line".
Philip C. Steffey, Ph.D. Astronomy
- Astronomy: scientific, archaic, educational, and popular.
Prehistoric Northern Europe, from Stone to Iron
- A part of the Rook family's project, integrating family history and genealogy into the broader context of culture, history, and place.
Review-Essay of Mayan Prophecies
- By John Major Jenkins, author of Maya Cosmogenesis 2012. A number of flaws in their book are highlighted.
The Runic Sky
- Shows how the Norse runes can be applied to star patterns in the Northern Sky and how it relates to the runes' meaning.
- Links to sites relevant to astroarchaeology, ethnoastronomy, sacred geometry, geomancy, Ley lines, Feng Shui, and earth mysteries.
- Addresses the widespread use of astronomical symbols on medieval coins, with an introduction to the use of these symbols on ancient coins.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 8, 2013 6:15:07 AM EST -