become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeology/Alternative
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Alternative
Magazines and E-zines
Planetary Grids and Ley Lines
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science
This category in other languages:
The Amazons of Lemnos
- Connections between Amazonian myth and the Greek island Lemnos.
Analyzing the Vinland Map
- Interactive presentation of evidence in chemistry, cartography, pigments, and archeology, bearing on the question of the authenticity (or lack of it) of the allegedly 15th-century map showing "Vinland".
- Evidence of anomalous archaeological artifacts from around the world.
- Shinichi Fujimura, the Vinland Map, the Piltdown Man, Kensington Stone, and other archaeological fakes.
Archaeology, Astronautics and SETI Research Association
- Includes comprehensive information on the subject of astroarchaeology and extraterrestrials on earth. Very connected to Erich von Däniken and his ideas.
Blekinge's Most Ancient Runic Inscriptions
- Örjan Svensson presents a new interpretation of remarkable Old Futhark inscriptions in Blekinge, Sweden, in the light of Kjell Aartun's assertion that Old Futhark inscriptions are manifestations of a Semitic fertility cult.
The Daily Grail
- Descriptive links to news items concerning esoterica, including ancient mysteries.
Doug's Archaeology Site: Skeptical Views of Fringe Archaeology
- A skeptical archaeology site. It contains references to other sites and articles not found elsewhere which expose 'cult' or 'fringe' archaeology.
The Earth before the Flood
- Alexander Koltypin's theory of how "gods" and dragon-people lived on Earth 66 million years ago, until 34 million years ago, when space invaders landed on the Earth 35 and 25 million years ago, then the planet was in a state of war from 24 million years ago until the present. Claims an explanation for werewolfs, dragons, elfs, fairies and gnomes.
- Cultural legacies of our world. Features include gothic dreams, earthlore from Ireland, mythic worlds, mysteries of lost and hidden histories.
- Featuring the island in the South Pacific with the big weird statues. Did the inhabitants of the island do that or did space aliens leave the statues as a marker?
- Original ideas regarding ancient civilizations, archaeoastronomy, Stonehenge and biblical mysteries.
Mathematical Methods of the Historical Dating
- Investigation of the correctness of the historical dating developed using mathematical and computer based methods.
- Annual conference dealing with megaliths, lost civilisations and earth mysteries. Includes gallery, information about speakers and reviews of past events. Held in Glastonbury, England.
MOM and Atlantis, Mammoths, and Crustal Shift
- From the Talk.Origins newsgroup archive, disputing the "facts" of The Mysterious Origins of Man tv series
MOM and Oronteus Finaeus Map of 1532
- Disputing the "facts" of The Mysterious Origins of Man tv series, with references
Museum of Unnatural Mystery
- Are there really flying saucers? What killed the dinosaurs? Is there something ancient and alive in Loch Ness? The Museum takes a scientific look at these, and other, questions.
Mysteries of Ancient History and Archaeology
- Follow the traces of the famous Amazons, the ancient history of Malta and the enigmatic culture of the Berbers
Mysteries of the World
- Alan F Alford writes about various mysteries including Atlantis, the Nazca lines, the stones of Baalbek and the Ark of the Covenant.
- Mali, Easter Island, Stonehenge, Chichen Itza, and other ancient civiliations and sacred sites in a visually stunning and thought provoking site.
- Geoff Ward explores the alternative universe covering topics including ancient civilisations, earth mysteries, 2012, crop circles and many other mysterious occurrences.
Mythology's MythingLinks: Land: Sacrality & Lore
- Collection of links to sites featuring sacred landscapes, stone circles, labyrinths, spiral mounds and mountains.
The Nature of the Gods
- Is there evidence recorded in myths and legends that there have been global disasters which have destroyed ancient civilisations? Could these catastrophes explain the true nature of the gods? Paul Whitesman discusses these topics.
The Noise Room
- Rob Speight gathers news and information on modern mysteries, ancient history and the new research. Affiliate book sales.
Paleolithic Art Magazine
- Promotes acknowledgment and interpretation of paleolithic art everywhere in the world, and of the origins of Man. In English and Italian.
Places of Peace and Power
- Photographs, writings and theories regarding sacred sites, power places, pilgrimage traditions, and ancient mysteries by anthropologist, photographer, and world traveler Martin Gray.
- Article by Peter Marsh explores the origins of the people of Polynesia. Includes a location map.
The Realm of Paradise
- All about Dalamatia City, supposedly the first place of civilization built by the sons of God 500,000 years ago and destroyed 200,000 years ago through sudden land submergence and a tidal wave.
The Sacred Landscape
- Catherine Yronwode's collection of illustrated essays on sacred sites, sacred geometry, archaeoastronomy, and vernacular sacred architecture.
- Analyzes satellite imagery for the use of archaeological discovery. Underwater objects, Giza face and the like.
Science Frontiers Digest of Scientific Anomalies
- Online editions of the bi-monthly Science Frontiers digest, produced by William R. Corliss
The Signposts Perspectives: 700 Million BC - 50,000 BC
- A timeline of facts and possibilities regarding lost civilizations and technologies, prehistoric catastrophism and evolutionary twists.
The Solomon Series
- Provides information on a project, videos and book series that claims to solve historical, scientific, theological and Biblical mysteries.
The Talk.Origins Archive: Catastrophism FAQs
- Arguments for and against Catastrophic theories
- Explore lost civilizations and cultures, mystic places, sacred writings, unexplained artifacts, and science mysteries. Biographies of popular proponents of alternative theories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:32:31 PM EDT -