the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Archaeology
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology
Periods and Cultures
Sites and Monuments
Contractors and Consultants
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
News and Media
Research Groups and Centers
Arts: Architecture: History
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Archaeology
Science: Biology: Evolution: Human
Science: Earth Sciences
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Society: Crime: Theft: Art and Antiquities
This category in other languages:
Wikipedia Portal: Archaeology
- A gateway to the many articles on archaeology in this online collaborative encyclopedia. Includes news and featured articles and images.
- Articles and directory of Internet sites, including a world atlas of archaeology on the web.
- The lost chapters of history. Prehistoric science and technology. Anomalous archaeology. Index of ancient and sacred sites.
- General archaeology listserv from Texas A&M University.
- Reviewed and categorized directory of resources on archaeology, anthropology, and ancient civilizations.
- A ThinkQuest project explaining the discipline and its methods and techniques. Examples of significant discoveries including Troy, Shiqmim, the Egyptian Pyramids. Glossary.
Archaeological Research Resources
- Internet directory maintained by Historic Archaeological Research of history and archaeology web sites, including organizations, directories, technical references, online publications.
The Archaeology Channel
- Archaeology and related subjects presented through streaming media by the Oregon-based Archaeological Legacy Institute. Videos can be viewed on-line and purchased.
- Covers significant discoveries from archaeology about human origins. Illustrated descriptions of hominids, with references. Articles, images, bookstore and links.
- Archaeology related articles and galleries by James Q. Jacobs, covering archaeogeodesy, prehistory, paleoanthropology, the Andes, Mesoamerica, American Southwest and rock art.
Archaeology: An Introduction
- Kevin Greene's selection of Internet links to supplement the 4th edition of his book, by chapter and section, with alphabetical index.
- Archaeology web sites, with some anthropology thrown in.
- A directory of photographs for educational use relating to archaeology and art history.
- The archaeology section of the World Wide Web Virtual Library.
Bibliographies for Anthropological Research
- Tennessee Archaeology Net provides categorized bibliographies.
Cultural Resource Management Network
- Offers a source of jobs, news, announcements, consultant listings, and resources for students and professionals interested in archaeology, anthropology, historic preservation, museums, and architectural history.
Introduction to Ancient Culture
- Virtual trip through ancient sites across the world.
Saving Antiquities For Everyone
- Highlights issues related to cultural heritage and its vulnerability to looting and the illicit antiquities trade. SAFE's mission is to increase public awareness of the importance of preserving cultural heritage worldwide.
Unearthing Cultural Treasures
- Op ed piece from the St. Petersburg Times.
Usenet sci.archaeology.moderated -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:45:08 PM EDT -