become an editor
the entire directory
only in Anthropology/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Organizations
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Social Sciences: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Academic Ethnological Society
- AES, based at Sofia, is a non-governmental organization in the field of anthropology. Provides information on projects.
American Anthropological Association
- The primary professional society of anthropologists in the United States since its founding in 1902, is the world's largest professional organization of individuals interested in anthropology.
Anthropology of Japan in Japan
- Organization dedicated to facilitating communication between researchers. Features news, officers, contacts, information on workshops, and events.
Anthropology Student Union - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- A student-run organization designed to serve the needs of undergraduate and graduate students. Offers calendar of events, lecture series and newsletter in PDF format.
Association for Feminist Anthropology
- Section of the American Anthropological Association raising awareness of feminist issues in all fields of anthropology and supporting women in anthropology.
Association of Black Anthropologists
- Features group profile, history and contacts.
Canadian Anthropology Society
- A bilingual organization promoting, supporting, and disseminating anthropological research in Canada.
European Society of Ethnopharmacology
- The principal aim of the Society is to promote cooperation and data sharing within Europe in the field of ethnopharmacology.
General Anthropology Division
- GAD is a section of the American Anthropological Association and is composed of anthropologists interested in what unifies and cross-cuts the discipline. Provides information on education, publications and awards.
- H-Net group affiliated with the Society for the Anthropology of Europe and dedicated to scholars, advanced students, teachers, and professionals desiring academic discussions. Features subject overview, archives, reviews, images, related resources, and subscription details.
Institute for Anthropological Research
- Features current research, an overview of the department and faculty profiles. Also offers links to related sites. Located in Zagreb, Croatia
Max-Planck-Institute for Social Anthropology
- An academic society that supports anthropological field research, complemented by historical analysis and a range of social science methods.
The Royal Anthropological Institute
- British professional organization encompassing social anthropology, biological anthropology, and the study of material culture. Features history, membership details, publications and contacts.
Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges
- A section of the American Anthropological Association. Offers information on board, membership, history and teaching resources.
Society for Medical Anthropology
- Promotes the study of anthropological aspects of health, illness, health care, and related topics. Features mission statement, history and board members.
Society for Urban, National, & Transnational/Global Anthropology
- A section of the American Anthropological Association that concerns itself with theories, problems, and institutions of urban, national and transnational life. Features information about the organization and publication subscriptions.
- International, nonprofit organization concerned about the future of the world's biological, cultural and linguistic diversity.
UCSD Anthropology Society
- An undergraduate student organization at the University of California San Diego. Features meetings, officers and links to related resources.
The Wenner-Gren Foundation
- A private operating foundation that supports basic research in all branches of anthropology.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 18:35:08 UTC -