become an editor
the entire directory
only in Linguistic_Anthropology/Sapir-Whorf_Hypothesis
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Linguistic Anthropology: Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- An abstract from Daniel Chandler's 1995 "The Art of Writing." Argues for a moderate Whorfianism.
- A 2001 student paper by Neil Parr-Davies. Compares the linguistic determinism of Benjamin Lee Whorf with technological determinism, represented by Marshall McLuhan.
The LINGUIST List: The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- Assembled posts concerned with this issue.
Observations on the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- Draft exploration of the value of the hypothesis. Includes general overview as well as detailed consideration of how the hypothesis is employed in contemporary studies.
The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis
- 1999 overview of the history and development of the theories of linguistic determinism and linguistic relativity. By Rebecca Ash.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2011 at 11:54:02 UTC -