become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cultural_Anthropology/Visual_Anthropology
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Documentary
Arts: Photography: Techniques and Styles: Documentary
Arts: Visual Arts: Native and Tribal
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Cultural Anthropology: Media Culture
1800s Nez Perce Photography
- Contains historical archive photography from Smithsonian Institution, Montana Historical Society, Nez Perce National Historic Park, Idaho Historical Society, and private collections.
American Indian Studies
- Dedicated to the presentation of artwork, photographs, video, and sound recordings, which reflect the history, culture of Native Americans in North America, and Central America.
Arctic Circle's Museum of Art,
- Photography, and anthropology of the Arctic Circle. Contains virtual museum, natural resources, history, culture, social equity, environmental justice, and Arctic forum.
Australian Center for the Moving Image
- ACMI offers a range of exhibitions, screenings, education, production, and events. Contains collections, exhibitions, and program information.
CASC-Visual Anthropology Online
- A resource for information about communicating anthropology to the public, and through science media.
- Reviews the work of Anya Bernstein. Features descriptions of her ethnographic documentaries, articles, and field notes.
- Provides travel photos taken in Egypt, Syria, Jordan, India, Nepal, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, and on safaris in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Namibia). Includes pictures, culture, and history.
Edward S. Curtis's North American Indian
- Presented by the American Memory, Library of Congress. Contains digital reproductions of photogravures from portfolios of the North American Indian.
Ethnographic Portraits: The Crees of Northern Québec
- Photographic essay about the natives of the Mistissini Reserve, focusing on changes caused by hydroelectric development.
- A paper by Jay Ruby that explores the relationships between reflexivity, anthropology, and film.
Frontier Photographer: Edward S. Curtis
- Includes a gallery of Curtis' photography from the Smithsonian. Slide show format.
Nepal - Tibet : from Kathmandu to Lhassa and back
- Contains images by Jean-Francois Berthet of Nepal, and Tibet. Includes photos of Kathmandu, landscapes, Potala, monks, monastaries, statues, paintings, rain, people, and windows.
- Sociocultural anthropologist Karen Nakamura offers a resource for photo-ethnographers. Contains gallery, techniques, equipment, courses, and links.
- Features teaching, publications, on-going research on home media and Japanese culture conducted by Temple University and Boston Children’s Hospital.
Society for Visual Antropology
- Provides a section of the American Anthropological Association, promoting the study of visual representation, and media. Contains publications, subscription, member's forum, links, and contact.
The Teaching of Visual Anthropology
- Jay Ruby and Richard Chalfen challenge the idea that film is art and science is an objective chronicler of reality in an article that discusses the difficulties experienced in the development of a truly anthropological cinema.
- An independent film production, and distribution company offering socio-cultural documentaries, ethnographic films, and experimental fiction films. Resource for documentary, anthropology, education, and research.
- Provides a visual on-line resource containing scientific journals, news, courses, workshops, and links.
Web Archive in Visual Anthropology
- Features out-of-print and unpublished materials for teaching and research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 15:45:07 UTC -