become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cultural_Anthropology/Ethnography
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Cultural Anthropology: Ethnography
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Ethnic Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Human Geography
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People
This category in other languages:
- A ethnographic report on the Amhara people of Africa.
- Isolated group of foragers living on the Andaman Islands.
- Ethnography and culture history of one of the largest Aboriginal groups in central Australia.
- An ethnographic description of a people located mainly on the Bolivian and Peruvian altiplano, centering about Lake Titicaca.
- A report on the Azande pastoralists of Africa.
- An ethnographic analysis of the inhabitants of the city of Bahia (Salvador), the capital of the state of Bahia in eastern Brazil.
- A short ethnography on the Bemba of Africa.
- Profile of the Great Plains tribe of the United States and Canada.
- A ethnographic description of a group of Ge-language speakers, are found in the Mato Grosso region of Brazil.
Bradshaw Foundation: The Unambal
- Excerpts from Andreas Lommel's 1938 account of the Unambal people of northwestern Australia, including pictures of Wandjina rock paintings.
- An ethnographic account of the descendants of Black slaves brought as plantation laborers from Africa to Surinam in northeastern South America.
- A group of four Chibchan-speaking tribes located in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, a mountain massif in northern Colombia
- Ethnographic report on the people of Central Thailand.
- Ethnographic description of a people who live in the extreme northeastern reaches of Siberia, partly within the Arctic Circle.
- An ethography of a group of arctic foragers.
CSAC's Ethnographics Gallery
- A directory of reports and cultural summaries from the University of Kent.
- An ethnolinguistic group located mainly in eastern Panama.
- A report on the Dogon pastoral society of Uganda.
- A description of the Ethnographic Method that includes a discussion of key concepts and a glossary of terms.
Ethnographic Studies Internet Resource Page
- A collection of ethnographic resources provided by the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress.
Ethnography and Health Care
- An article describing how ethnography can be used to study the social aspects of health care delivery.
- A ethnography on a group that lives on the shores of Lake Victoria.
- Ethnography of a agricultural society that lives in the Garo Hills in the state of Meghalaya in northeastern India.
- An ethnography of a culture in Paraguay whose subsistence was originally based on slash-and-burn agriculture.
- A ethnography on the Hausa people of Africa.
- An ethnographic report on an isolated and culturally conservative people of the Western Highlands of Scotland.
- An ethnography of a tribe who live on a reservation of nearly 4,000 square miles in northeastern Arizona.
- Ethnography of a riverine group of rice cultivators inhabiting the interior hill country of Sarawak (Malaysia) and parts of Indonesian Borneo.
- Ethnographic summary of a group of indigenous mountain peoples of northern Luzon, in the Philippine Islands.
- An ethnography and ethnohistoric report on the North Eastern United States people.
- A report on the dominant ethnic group of Bornu Province in northeastern Nigeria.
- Ethnography of a Papuan ethnic group located in the west-central part of the Central Highlands of Western New Guinea (now West Irian).
- A ethnographic report on a group that lives in northeastern India in the District of the United Khasi and Jaintia Hills.
- The ethnography of a Native American ethnic group located in southwestern Oregon.
- An ethnographic analysis of the earliest of the present-day nations of the world.
- An ethnolinguistic group inhabiting the mountainous crescent that extends from the Euphrates River in northern Syria and Turkey to Kermanshah in Iran.
- An analysis of an ethnolinguistic group inhabiting an area that extends from the Kola Peninsula in northwestern Russia over the northernmost part of Finland to the Arctic coast of Norway, and through Scandinavia.
Last Refuge: Waorani
- A photo gallery of the Waorani, a horticultural society Amazonian tribe found in Ecuador. Features short articles and references.
- Ethnography of the people living in Lau or Eastern Archipelago of the Fiji Islands.
- An ethnographic summary of the nomadic and partially sedentarized Bedouin living in the Libyan Desert.
List of Ethnic Units
- A directory of links to thumbnail sketch ethnographies of West African cultures.
- Profile of interrelated ethnic groups located along the Zambezi River in Barotse Province of western Zambia.
- A ethnographic summary of the famous warrior pastoralists of East Africa.
- An ethnographic report on a Native American ethnic group located in the western part of the Argentine-Bolivian Gran Chaco.
Native Planet NGO
- A resource for studying indigenous cultures, Eco-tourism, documentaries, and travel information. Contains volunteer information, aid projects, photos, and stories.
- A cultural summary of an American Indian ethnolinguistic group centered about the upper Great Lakes in both Canada and the United States.
- A Native American ethnic group formerly occupying most of the large island of Tierra del Fuego.
- A ethnographic report on a Plains Indian ethnic group of the Caddoan linguistic stock.
Peoples and Cultures of the Kingdom of Biffeche
- Describes Biffeche Fula (Peulh), Sereer (Ndut), Wolof, Moor, and European peoples and cultural practices in the small Kingdom of Biffeche on the Senegal River between Mauritania and Senegal. Features news and information for visitors.
- A ethnographic summary of several various groups of hunter-gatherers of the Ituri Forest of West Africa.
- Culture and music of a people in the rain forests of Cameroon. Includes the fieldwork and the initiation in the forest of a young Italian ethnomusicologist.
Qurna History Project
- Features information on the culture and heritage of the village on the west bank at Luxor, Egypt.
- An ethnography of one of the largest ethnic groups in India.
- An ethnography and culture history of the Serbian people.
- A profile of the Shluh who belong to the Masmuda branch of sedentary Berbers inhabiting the Grand-Atlas and Anti-Atlas Mountains.
- A ethnographic report on the dominant ethnic group of Sri Lanka (Ceylon).
Social Context and the Limits on Symbolic Meanings
- A ethnographic report that discusses the symbolism of the Sixth Festival of Pacific Arts held in Rarotonga, The Cook Islands, during October 1992.
- A ethnography of this predominantly nomadic pastoralists living in the northern part of the Somali Democratic Republic in northeastern Africa.
The Songs of the Ancestors - A Comparative Study of Bashiic Folklore
- Full-text version of the book by Deszo Benedek of the culture of the Yami, a people of Malayo-Polynesian stock living in Taiwan.
- A cultural summary of the Hokkien-speaking peasant villagers of Taiwan.
- A culture summary of a people who inhabit the Sierra Madre Mountains of the State of Chihuahua in Northwest Mexico.
- Ethnography of one of the British Solomon Islands whose culture traditionally subsisted by fishing, collecting, and horticulture.
- A profile of a African ethnic group that is primarily dependent on agriculture for subsistence.
- An ethnographic report on American Indian people living on the southeastern coast and islands of Alaska.
- A ethnographic analysis of a culture that inhabits the high mountain ranges and interior valleys of Central Celebes Island of Indonesia.
The Transforming Leader: A Meta-Ethnographic Analysis
- The author describes a method to conduct an interpretive synthesis of qualitative research and other secondary sources as a counterpart to meta-analysis for quantitative research.
- Ethnography of an island culture who traditionally subsisted off fishing and horticulture.
- Ethnography and culture history of a formerly isolated population living on a atoll of the Central Caroline Islands in Micronesia is located in the Pacific Ocean
- An ethnography of a group of horticulturalists who live in the northwestern Amazon region.
- A ethnographic report on a African chiefdom.
- A ethnographic analysis of a Native American ethnic group concentrated in the central highlands of the State of Chiapas, Mexico.
- A ethnography of a large ethnic group located mainly in the western part of the former French West African colony of Senegal.
- The Yakut people live in Siberia in the basin of the Middle Lena River and the Aldan and Vilyuy rivers.
- A tribal society living in Venezuela and Brazil that subsists off hunting and gathering and horticulture.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 21, 2014 at 12:57:04 UTC -