become an editor
the entire directory
only in Anthropology/Cultural_Anthropology
Methods and Techniques
Folklore and Mythology
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Human Geography
Science: Social Sciences: Sociology: Rural Sociology
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People
This category in other languages:
The Aesthetic Realism of Eli Siegel
- Essays in cultural anthropology on the philosophy of Aesthetic Realism.
Anthropology Resource Base
- Resources for indigenous cultures around the world provided by NativeWeb.
Birth of Symbolic Thought
- Article by Licia Filingeri discussing the emergence of the ability to symbolize.
- An article that describes using anthropological data for advertising commercial products.
Carpe Noctem - Seize the Night
- Offers a common connection between conspiracy theories, serial killers, Mafia, hauntings, and military leaders, with biographies and articles exploring the science of fear and the irrational.
Critical Theory and Cultural Studies
- "Cultural studies draws from the fields of anthropology, sociology, gender studies, feminism, literary criticism, history and psychoanalysis in order to discuss contemporary texts and cultural practices."
- A subfield of psychological anthropology concerned with observing human behavior in contrasting cultures.
Cross-Culture Theory Test
- Features software and data for comparative ethnographic analysis.
- An essay by Thomas Hylland Eriksen that critically examines the metaphors which have underlied anthropological theory and research.
Culture and Developmental Subjectivities
- An article that describes how anthropologists and historians have attempted to understand and explore the cultural and textual sources of sexual analysis from a holistic perspective.
Culture by Commotion Trilogy
- Online version of the series of books that include: Plenitude, Transformation, Commotion. The series offers an anthropological account of modern life by Grant McCracken.
Cultures Observations Database
- Open content project collecting observations made by travelers on behavior in other cultures. Features project description, technical details, and contacts.
Growing up Sexually
- Encyclopedia features cross-cultural information on sexual behavior development. Offers researchers the opportunity to participate in the project and bibliography.
- Research in architecture on the phenomenology of space of O. F. Bollnow. [in English, French and German].
Introduction: Everyday Life
- An article that discusses how anthropology brings to light many similarities between ancient and modern cultures, particularly in customs surrounding food.
A Journey Through The Culture of Capitalism
- Explores capitalism as a cultural phenomenon rather than an economic philosophy.
Kinship and Social Organization
- Hypertext tutorial covering descent, kinship terminology, marriage systems, and residence rules. Includes ethnographic examples.
Radical Anthropology Group
- Features mission statement, group member profiles and journal.
- An article that describes how some forager groups may nurture a sharing sense in their offspring.
Silence, AIDS and Sexual Culture in Africa
- An article describing social factors in the AIDS epidemic in Africa.
Slovenian Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology
- A portal dedicated to preserving national traditions and promoting research. Offers photos, articles, and fieldwork reports, as well as a calendar of local events.
Social and Cultural Evolution
- A directory of links to research papers that discuss general theoretical approaches and models of culture change.
- A site that explores the relationship between symbols and a society's cognitive structure, rules of moral conduct and patterns of social interactions.
Theory in Anthropology
- Descriptions of various subdisciplines of sociocultural anthropology, reviews of trends in anthropological publications, and biographies of some influential anthropologists.
Trobriand Island Digital Ethnography Project
- Includes historic texts and current anthropological works, lists and links to Trobriand Island scholars.
Womanist Epistemology and a New Anthropological Paradigm
- African American women's experiences of oppression and marginalization have led them to espouse a religious framework that would give them the regard society has deprived them.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2015 at 6:45:03 UTC -