become an editor
the entire directory
only in Anthropologists/Cultural_Anthropologists
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Anthropologists: Cultural Anthropologists
Frazer, James George
Tylor, Edward Burnett
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: People
Anderson, Kermyt G.
- Lecturer at the University of Oklahoma with research interests in anthropological demography, behavioral ecology, parental care, fertility, education and schooling outcomes and evolutionary theory.
Banks, David J.
- Professor at the University of Buffalo researching kinship, culture, historical methods, and contemporary social change in Southeast Asia.
- Features a biography, a bibliography, a forum, and articles focusing on Bateson's epistemological work.
Bernard, H. Russell
- Cultural anthropologist at the University of Florida. Includes curriculum vitae, class materials, and a list of his academic papers available online.
- Professor of anthropology at UCLA whose research interests focuses on mathematical models of human behavior.
- Biographical overview of the University of California, Berkeley Emeritus Professor that details her contributions to the field of Cultural Anthropology.
Cushing, Frank Hamilton
- Biographical sketch of the 19th Century ethnologist who lived among the Zuni.
David L. Crawford
- Features links to courses in cultural anthropology and Islamic societies and cultures. Also offers publications on Berber society, Morocco, labor relations, migration and the Amazigh identity movement. Fairfield University.
Dentan, Robert K.
- Anthropology professor at the University of Buffalo who studies social organization, ecology and ritual in Southeast Asia and Africa.
- Research areas include knowledge, perception, phenomenology, medical anthropology, Melanesia, and Papua New Guinea. University of Iceland.
- Professor at Kent State University who researches kinship and social organization, political development, indigenous seafaring techniques in Oceania and Native North America. Features recent publications and a photo gallery.
Fiske, Alan Page
- Associate Professor of Anthropology at UCLA whose research and teaching explores the ways in which culture, psychology, and natural selection operate together to shape human sociality.
Frake, Charles O.
- Professor at the University of Buffalo who researches cultural ecology and cognitive anthropology in Southeast Asia, the Philippines, and Europe.
- Research and teaching interests include the ethnography of expressive and material practices, and learning environments, particularly involving African Americans in the U.S. and West Indies, and European Americans in the Appalachian corridor. College of William and Mary.
- Sociologist and anthropologist conducting research at the University in Leiden (The Netherlands). His research interests include studying Muslim religion and health care.
Jackson, Jason Baird
- Assistant Professor of Folklore, Department of Folklore and Ethnomusicology at Indiana University and researcher at the American Indian Research Institute.
Judd, Ellen R.
- Professor of social anthropology at the University of Manitoba whose research interests includes gender and kinship in China.
Koolage, William W.
- Associate professor of cultural and medical anthropology at the University of Manitoba who studies indigenous societies of northern North America.
Kroeber, Alfred L.
- A biography of Kroeber's life and catalog of his contributions to the field of anthropology.
- Research focuses on historic and modern Europe, with an emphasis on Germany. Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Web site of the CSU Chico professor that discusses his research in applied anthropology in Honduras.
- Currently studying the political resurgence of Virginia Indians during the twentieth century. College of William and Mary.
Otterbein, Keith F.
- Research specialist at the University of Buffalo who studies warfare, social structure and cultural ecology of peoples of the Caribbean and West Africa.
- Research interests include mapping inter-organizational relationships through the flow of material assemblages. York University, Toronto, Canada.
- Professor of anthropology at Washington University in St. Louis whose research focuses on factors that affect women's pursuit of economic opportunities and rural development in Nepal.
Pradip Kumar Singh
- Features contact details, academic achievements and summary of research for this Indian anthropologist.
Prufer, Olaf H.
- Professor at Kent State University who teaches psychological anthropology, culture conflict, North American and Old World prehistory.
Riner, Reed D.
- Professor at Northern Arizona University who studied applied anthropology as it relates to the enculturation Native American Indians.
- Research interests focus on Middle America, culture and personality, and the sociocultural change of prehistoric cultures. University of Minnesota, Duluth.
- Professor of Anthropology at Stockton College.
- Anthropology professor at Northern Arizona University researching culture change, gender issues, applied, and development in Polynesia.
- Researches domestic society, contemporary issues, and future-oriented. Interests focused on how human well-being changes as a result of resource use and economic development. Oregon State University.
- Research interests in human behavioral ecology, the evolution of cooperation, foraging theory, costly signaling, and the evolution of religion and morality. University of Connecticut.›
Thorn, David L.
- Offers articles, photos, crafts, artwork, and professional qualifications.
- A short biography from Science News of the celebrated anthropologist who launched the study of African pygmies in the 1950's.
White, Douglas R.
- University of California Irvine researcher interested in the dynamics and organizational theory of social networks and in complex adaptive systems.
- Anthropologist and director of the Program Review Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness at the Florida International University.
- Cultural anthropologist and professor at Indiana University. Biographical information and various projects, including software reviews and the Global Consumer Culture Project.
- A biographical sketch of the anthropologist associated with the Culture Area concept.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2013 at 0:20:18 UTC -