become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_in_Society/Weblogs
Science in Society
Computers: News and Media: Weblogs
Science: Environment: News and Media: Weblogs
Science: News and Media: Weblogs
Science: Technology: News and Media: Weblogs
- Discussing causes, origins, evolution and implications of disease and other phenomena.
- Political and scientific commentary on the creation/evolution/intelligent design debate.
- Ben Goldacre's column from The Guardian in weblog format. Covers media misrepresentations of science, with a particular focus on medicine. Includes a forum.
The Bioethics Weblog
- Commentary on ethics and the biological sciences, written by the editors of the American Journal of Bioethics.
The Bird's Brain
- Blog by Kirsten Sanford, physiologist and science journalist.
- The latest news and views about the converging worlds of science, medicine, technology and social media.
Creating Passionate Users
- Weblog focused on user experiences and motivations.
Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- Thoughts from the interface of science, religion, law and culture.
Down to a Science
- Ongoing Science Café and blog, a casual forum where leading scientists discuss their research with the public.
- A jaundiced, humorous view of new inventions changing our lives.
- Transcripts of weekly podcasts aiming to promote greater scientific and evolutionary understanding.
- Commentary on developments in the endless dispute between evolution and creationism.
- Blogging the intersections between science, media and politics.
- Discussions based on a rationalist approach to life.
Gender and Computing
- Hilde Corneliussen writes about Gender and Computing, works at University of Bergen.
- Weblog dissecting media use of graphic charts as means of conveying (or obscuring) information.
Mike the Mad Biologist
- Mad rantings about politics, evolution and microbiology.
The Panda's Thumb
- Discussions and critiques of evolutionary theory, science and education.
- Evolution, development, and random biological ejaculations from a godless liberal.
The Questionable Authority
- A little weblog about science, learning and life.
The Rational Ape
- A discussion of science, politics, atheism and rationalism in society.
Red State Rabble
- A skeptic's dispatches from the flyover zone.
- The ramblings of a surgeon/scientist about medicine, quackery, science, pseudoscience, history, and pseudohistory (and anything else that interests him).
- Blog by Larry Moran, Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Toronto, Canada, subtitled, "Strolling with a skeptical biochemist".
The Scientific Activist
- Reporting from the crossroads of science and politics.
Sciguy's Interesting Science News
- Blog striving to understand the realities and philosophies of current scientific events.
The Sensuous Curmudgeon
- Conserving the enlightenment values of reason, liberty, the scientific method and free enterprise. Emphasis on the evolution-creationism controversy.
Skeptical About Skeptics
- Articles and news about those who hold views which are still outside of mainstream science, and their fight against dogmatism. Provides profiles of the opposers, book reviews, articles about dogma and an explanation of terms used. Includes an extra section about harassment by dogmatics at Wikipedia.
Stars Genes and Quarks
- Personal musings on science, scientists and public understanding, this online journal explores themes connecting the past, present and future of science, particularly as viewed by non-scientists.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 4, 2016 at 6:41:52 UTC -