become an editor
the entire directory
only in Skeptical_Inquiry/Organizations
Science in Society
Open Directory - Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Organizations
This category in other languages:
International Network of Skeptical Organizations
- Contact information for local and regional groups.
Association for Rational Inquiry
- A UK resource for science, reason and critical thinking.
- Group that investigates the paranormal and pseudo-science from a responsible scientific viewpoint.
Bay Area Skeptics
- San Francisco Bay Area skeptical organization which aims to encourage rational thought and critical thinking through the use of scientific methods. Provides a blog, newsletter and information on membership.
- Skeptical discussions of unexplained phenomena and human belief.
- Group of critical thinkers. Information about meetings, and a weblog.
- The Italian Committee for the Investigation of Claims on the Paranormal, promoting a scientific and critical enquiry of supposed paranormal and mysterious phenomena.
Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal
- World-wide organization that encourages the critical investigation of paranormal and fringe-science claims from a responsible, scientific point of view.
- Regional, informal social events designed to promote fellowship and networking among skeptics, critical-thinkers, and like-minded individuals.
Granite State Skeptics
- Based in New Hampshire. Includes information about their activities.
- Promoting science, critical thinking and the questioning of extraordinary claims. Includes information about aims, events, membership, and a forum.
- Based around the border between Michigan and Indiana.
MySpace.com: IUPUI Freethinkers
- Promoting reason, science and free inquiry across IUPU Indianapolis.
NUI Galway Skeptic Society
- Student organization at the National University of Ireland, Galway. Includes articles and information about events.
National Capital Area Skeptics
- Washington DC area skeptic organization with on-line library.
New Mexicans for Science and Reason
- Non-profit group promoting science, the scientific method, rational thinking, and the critical examination of extraordinary claims. Includes articles and information about their activities.
New Zealand Skeptics
- Dedicated to increasing public awareness of the dangers and inanities of pseudoscience and bogus paranormal claims.
North Texas Skeptics
- An organization devoted to promoting the use of science and rational thinking in viewing the world. Features events, newsletter, cartoons, and articles.
- Aims to promote the use of the scientific method, critical thinking and rational thought in the Ontario community. Provides news, articles and information on membership and events.
Penn State University Skeptics Club
- Examining paranormal oddities from a realistic perspective.
Rocky Mountain Skeptics
- Nonprofit educational and investigative organization, founded to promote critical thinking.
Skepsis: Articles in English
- A Norwegian skeptical organisation presents articles holding various claims and beliefs up to critical examination.
South Shore Skeptics
- Skeptical organization in Cleveland, Ohio, that promotes reason and rationality and opposes superstition and junk science. Newsletter, calendar, skeptic related links, and an area devoted to logical fallacies.
Tampa Bay Skeptics
- A nonprofit scientific and educational organization that critically examines paranormal and fringe-science claims and publishes a quarterly newsletter.
The James Randi Educational Foundation
- Foundation headed by professional magician exposes psychics, faith healers, and such. Offers a million dollar reward for proof of occult, psychic or supernatural powers.
The Merseyside Skeptics Society
- Merseyside, UK. Includes a weblog, information about meetings, and their podcast "Skeptics with a K".
The New England Skeptical Society
- U.S. regional organization dedicated to the promotion of science and reason, particularly the investigation of paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.
The Sacramento Organization for Rational Thinking (SORT)
- Dedicated to the promotion of rational thinking in all areas of life. Features events, newsletter, and bibliography.
- Set up to provide a balance to the uncritical promotion and acceptance of extraordinary and controversial claims in the UK today. Its purpose is also to demonstrate what skepticism really is and to dispel common misconceptions.
Young Australian Skeptics
- A sanctuary for young freethinkers. Provides a blog and articles, a forum, media and educational assets.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 29, 2013 11:16:20 AM EDT -