become an editor
the entire directory
only in Skeptical_Inquiry/Critical_Thinking
Science in Society
News Media Watchdogs
Web Site Evaluation
Science: Methods and Techniques: Scientific Method
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: Persuasion and Social Influence
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Psychological: Propaganda
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Logic: Informal Logic
- Collection of book reviews and essays, mostly on popular science, with an emphasis on science as a guide to truth. Also includes a discussion forum.
Association for Informal Logic and Critical Thinking (AILACT)
- A non-profit scholarly association which aims to promote research into, teaching of, and testing of informal logic and critical thinking.
Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit
- Tools for testing arguments and detecting fallacious or fraudulent arguments, based on Sagan's book "The Demon Haunted World: Science as a candle in the dark."
Critical Thinking across the Curriculum Project
- Definitions, examples and argument analysis, from Longview Community College.
The Critical Thinking Community
- Providing a forum and resources about Socratic questioning, higher order thinking, and critical thinking. Organizer of conferences and publisher of books and academic resources for teachers.
A Field Guide to Critical Thinking (Skeptical Inquirer Winter 1990)
- Six rules of evidential reasoning, a distillation and simplification of the scientific method. Ignoring the vowels, the letters in the word "FiLCHeRS" stand for the rules of Falsifiability, Logic, Comprehensiveness, Honesty, Replicability, and Sufficiency.
Free From Faith
- Comments on religion, science and scepticism.
- Tutorial for critical thinking.
National Center for Teaching Thinking
- A service organization for educators dedicated to providing programs for K - 12 schools and colleges on teaching and assessing skillful thinking.
Open Courseware on Critical Thinking
- Over one hundred tutorials on critical thinking, logic, scientific reasoning, creativity, and other aspects of thinking skills.
Philadelphia Association for Critical Thinking
- Addressing strange phenomena with the mindset, "What are the facts and what can we deduce from them?"
Propaganda and How to Recognize It
- Essay on propaganda techniques.
- A course given by Peter Suber for high-school students as an introduction to college.
- Online book by Bob Korn promoting critical thinking. Outline, contact information.
Skeptoid: Critical Analysis of Pop Phenomena
- Provides a weekly podcast dedicated to furthering knowledge by eliminating the widespread pseudosciences that infect popular culture.
So You Want to Avoid Common Logical Errors?
- Gives logical errors a name and points out the most common logical errors and how to avoid them.
Wikipedia - Critical Thinking
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article includes an overview, concepts and principles, classroom applications, and effectiveness of instruction.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 20, 2015 at 0:16:35 UTC -