the entire directory
only in Science_in_Society/Skeptical_Inquiry
Science in Society
Open Directory - Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry
News and Media
Near Death Experiences
Shroud of Turin
Science: Anomalies and Alternative Science
Society: Philosophy: History of Philosophy: Ancient: Skepticism
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Opposing Views
This category in other languages:
The Skeptic's Dictionary
- Skeptical definitions and essays on occult, paranormal, pseudoscientific ideas and practices with references to skeptical literature.
- Weekly internet relay chat for skeptics.
Astronomical Pseudo-science: A Skeptic's Resource List
- A bibliography from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, for those who want to examine with a skeptical eye some of the claims at the fringes of science that seem connected to astronomy.
- About well understood phenomena which are persistently presented incorrectly by teachers and writers.
The Crackpot Page
- "Dedicated to all the Flat Earthers, Circle Squarers, Angle Trisecters, Cube Halvers, Perpetual Motion Mechanics, UFO and Elvis sighters, and all the other true believers who adamantly refuse to accept mathematical or physical proof that their convictions are untenable."
Crank Dot Net
- Skeptic provides categorized directory, both alphabetical and hierarchical, to a variety of kooks, cranks, loons, and crackpots on the net.
Danny's Skeptic Resources List
- Features list and highlights of skeptical information available on the web.
- Dedicated to debunking all manner of dubious claims.
- This websites debunks most UFO sightings but also questions a possible spiritual connection. Includes papers on various aspects of paranormal activity and pseudo-science.
- The Journal of Strange Phenomena. Online version of the print magazine.
Gary P. Posner, M.D.
- Founder of the Tampa Bay Skeptics.
In Pursuit of Reality
- A skeptical look at auras, Kirlian photography, reincarnation, spiritualism, astral projection, and astrology.
National Skepticism Examiner
- A skeptical look at pseudoscience and media.
- Monitors the media in search of misleading numbers in news, politics and science.
- Collaborative wiki examining current issues in science and society from a philosophical perspective.
- A forum to discuss everything related to scientific skepticism. Specializes in science, atheism and debunking irrational beliefs.
SCEPCOP: The Scientific Committee to Evaluate Pseudo-Skeptical Criticism of the Paranormal
- The world's first organized counter-skeptic group, exposing and debunking the arguments of pseudo-skeptics and their organizations and publications.
- Frequently asked questions about the sci.skeptic newsgroup.
- Netherlands foundation for information on social problems and occult tendencies.
Skeptic Friends Network
- Examines a variety of claims with emphasis on debunking "creation science."
The Skeptic Magazine
- United Kingdom publication, taking a skeptical look at pseudoscience and claims of the paranormal.
- E-zine featuring writings on skeptical inquiry and critical thinking. Also lists related books and provides links to numerous websites on topics including skepticism, alternative science, creationism, and health fraud.
The Skeptic Tank
- The Skeptic Tank is a BBS which maintains extensive archives on scientifically questionable groups, individuals, and ideologies. Message board and articles.
- Skeptical articles about the occult, paranormal, and pseudoscience.
The Skeptic's Refuge
- Gateway to The Skeptic's Dictionary with skeptical articles on the occult, the supernatural, the paranormal and the pseudoscientific.
Skeptical Information Links
- Links to materials for skeptics, and about skepticism.
- Criticism of skepticism, including information about fraud in mainstream science and questioning of the methods and motives of skeptics.
A Skeptical Manifesto
- Article by Michael Shermer defines and discusses skepticism. Includes a section that asserts a skeptic can also be open to scientific reason. Written in 1992.
Skeptical Pages by Tommy Persson
- Links to newsletters, organizations, and websites.
- A bibliography of materials for skeptics.
The Skeptical Viewer
- A paranormal fansite that examines paranormal claims and evidence with a critical eye.
- Charles McAlpin is an open-minded skeptic who believes that evidence-based reasoning and critical thinking are necessary to distinguish between true and false claims.
The Skeptics Society
- The Skeptics Society is a scientific and educational organization of scholars, scientists, historians, magicians, professors and teachers, and anyone curious about controversial ideas, extraordinary claims, revolutionary ideas and the promotion of science.
- Wiki-based encyclopedia of skepticism, science and reason.
- Skeptic articles, information, books from Tony Youens - parapsychology investigations.
- Experts test claims on subjects including dinosaurs, creation/evolution, and cryptozoology.
The View from Number 80
- Lists sites pertaining to, amongst other things, pseudoscience, flim-flam or irrational claims and tries to give them critical attention and, in many cases, a certain amount of ridicule.
What is pseudoscience?
- How it differs from science, how to spot it. Junk science, pathological science, quackery and pseudoscientific scams.
The Work of Michael Shermer
- Dr. Shermer is founding publisher of Skeptic magazine, columnist for Scientific American, and Adjunct Professor of Economics at Claremont Graduate University. Site contains essays, columns, reviews and multimedia clips.
X-Project Paranormal Magazine
- Web e-zine featuring a series of skeptical articles.
- Laboratory at the University of Nice where paranormal phenomena are studied.
Usenet sci.skeptic -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:45:07 AM EST -