become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_in_Society/Science_and_Technology_Policy
Science in Society
Science and Technology Policy
Open Directory - Science: Science in Society: Science and Technology Policy
Science: Technology: Energy
Society: Issues: Environment
Society: Issues: Science and Technology
Issues in Science & Technology
- Journal published by the National Academy Press (U.S.) - Publicly available archives going back many years from influential people in US government science policy.
AAAS Directorate for Science and Policy Programs
- Programs devoted to activities in realms where science, government and society intersect, to further the work of scientists, promote of human welfare, and foster scientific freedom and responsibility.
AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellowships
- Provide opportunities for accomplished postdoctoral to mid-career scientists and engineers to contribute to the public policymaking process.
- The Foresight Institute focuses on this technology and the public policy surrounding it.
ACM Public Policy Office
- Statements of goals, position papers, letters and testimony to Congress and other government bodies.
Advisory Council for Science, Technology and Innovation
- Provides advice to the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment on key national and international issues.
Al Teich's Technology & the Future Toolkit
- A resource for students, teachers, and anyone else interested in how technology and society are shaping each other and our future.
American Geophysical Union: Science Policy
- Upcoming legislation and government regulations that have implications for the geophysical sciences, and position statements on policy-related topics.
Center for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology Policy
- The Center for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology Policy is a private, non-partisan research and advisory organization focused on information, technology, and national security policy and related issues.
Center for Science, Policy, and Outcomes
- A non-profit think tank that works with the U.S. Congress on issues involving science policies and their effects on society. Includes issues papers and analyses on current topics.
Center for Study of Science, Technology and Policy
- Non -profit organization undertaking research in issues of science and technology in human development, economic growth and security. Based in Bangalore, India.
The Decline of Unfettered Research
- Essay explaining the reasons for the decline of "unfettered" or "curiosity-driven" research.
Federation of American Scientists
- Involved in a variety of projects, including monitoring arms sales and weapons development, cyberstrategy, intelligence reform, military analysis, nuclear weapons, space policy, and monitoring emerging diseases.
Foresight: Making the future work for you
- The UK Foresight programme is managed by the Office of Science and Technology and brings together key people, knowledge and ideas to look beyond normal commercial time horizons to identify potential opportunities from new science and technologies and actions to help realise those opportunities.
The Foundation for Science and Technology
- Aims to provide a neutral platform for the debate of science or technology issues of importance to society. Includes PDF downloads of journals and ordering information for other materials.
FYI -- Bulletin of Science Policy News
- American Institute of Physics publication that summarizes legislation and science policy developments in Washington DC.
Geology & Public Policy
- Join the list, serve or geology in the Government Mentor Program. Be a Congressional Science Fellow. Congressional and federal actions which affect the geoscience community.
Information Technologies and Social Development
- UNRISD project exploring how new information and communications technologies can be used in developing countries. Events, publications, unpublished papers, and researcher profiles. Some content in French.
Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- ITIF is a non-partisan think tank whose mission is to formulate and promote public policies to advance technological innovation and productivity internationally, in Washington, and around the country.
Institute for Science, Engineering and Public Policy
- An institute in Portland Oregon, that attempts to develop the local dialogue on science, technology and society issues.
Israel Academy of Sciences & Humanities
- Promoting scientific excellence, providing advice to the government on scientific issues of national importance, maintaining scientific relations with similar bodies worldwide, and publishing scholarly works.
Joint Global Change Research Institute | University of Maryland
- Publications and information from a joint Pacific Northwest Lab/University of Maryland institute dedicated to examining the problems associated with global climate change.
Koshland Science Museum
- Museum of the National Academy of Sciences, focusing on "science behind the headlines", in particular current and sometimes controversial policy issues.
National Science Board
- The National Science Board is the US science policy advisor to the President and the Congress. Their homepage contains many documents on the US science and technology policy.
OAS - Office of Science and Technology
- Science and technology policy statements from the Organization of American States(OAS).
Office of Science & Technology
- Reports focus on research and development policy changes and trends in Europe and the U.S.
Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) Legacy
- Topical reports on numerous subjects in science and technology (1974-1995).
Optical Society of America - Policies
- OSA promotes the generation, application and archiving of knowledge in optics and photonics and disseminates this knowledge worldwide.
Research Competitiveness Program
- An effort to assist U.S. states participating in the National Science Foundation's "Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research", from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
The rise of technocapitalism
- Prof. Suarez-Villa on technocapitalism, its sources and phenomena, continuous invention and innovation, networks, the experimental firm, innovative capacity, technological eras.
Science and Technology Policies in India
- Focus is on policy reforms and intellectual property law reforms in India.
Science and Technology Policy Institute (STPI)
- A federally funded US research and development center sponsored by the National Science Foundation providing the high quality, objective technical analytical support for the Office of Science and Technology Policy and other government users.
The Science Foresight Project
- The first completely Internet-based international science foresight activity. The goal was to identify emerging research developments in the physical and engineering sciences using experts selected by purely objective methods.
Science, People and Politics
- Provides articles on how science, technology and biomedical research interfaces with politics, humanities and the arts.
- Provides customized services in performance measurement and program evaluation using advanced bibliometric indicators and recognized quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Questions are submitted to the US Presidential candidates and their responses are published.
SEAMLESS (EU project)
- System for environmental and agriculture modelling, for assessment of how future alternative agricultural and environmental polices affect sustainable development in Europe.
Society and Science - The British Council
- Description of the British Council's policy in science, engineering and environment.
Space Policy Project
- Information and analysis on civil and military space issues, policies and programs. Covers a variety of topics including life on Mars, advanced aircraft, Russian aerospace, Challenger accident, space weapons, exploration, and links.
Technology Policy & Assessment Center
- This Georgia Institute of Technology Center engages in interdisciplinary research and analysis of technology-intensive issues occurring at the interface of engineering, management and technology policy.
U.S. Office of Science and Technology Policy
- In the Executive Office of the President. Current and archived information about policy on fundamental science, education and scientific literacy, investment in applied research, and international cooperation.
U.S. Science Policy in the 21st Century
- Provides information about science policy books, newsletters, conferences, internships, fellowships, courses, degree programs and other related resources.
US President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)
- PCAST consists of 18 members from the private sector plus the Assistant to the President for Science and Technology who serves as the Committee's Co-Chair.
Why No 'New Einstein'?
- Article by Lee Smolin argues that research programs presently fail to advance science in new directions, and suggests remedies. [PDF]
- The Union of Concerned Scientists discusses political interference in federal government science, the abuses of science and some possible solutions. (February 18, 2004)
Science and Technology Policy
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:15:04 AM EST -