become an editor
the entire directory
only in Forensic_Science/Fingerprints
Science in Society
Open Directory - Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: Fingerprints
Products and Services
Computers: Security: Biometrics: Fingerprint Recognition
Science: Methods and Techniques: Imaging Science
- History and articles on fingerprint identification, discussion of digital imaging and fibre optic lighting, by Esther Neate, police laboratory supervisor in the UK.
Fingerprint Identification Standards for Emerging Applications
- About transitions in fingerprinting technology, from a traditional law enforcement applications to new biometric technology.
History of Fingerprints
- About the uses of latent prints from ancient times through to 1946, as part of site maintained in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
Latent Print Examination
- Articles, FAQ, resources, dos and don'ts for collecting latent fingerprints, handprints, and footprints from porous and nonporous surfaces, as private endeavor from member of US Army Criminal Investigation Command.
Michele Triplett's Fingerprint Dictionary
- Online glossary covering a large number of terms encountered in the field of fingerprint identification. Also offered in book form.
- Online encyclopedia article discusses fingerprints, their use in identification, potential for errors, and other issues.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, December 2, 2013 6:24:03 AM EST -