become an editor
the entire directory
only in Forensic_Science/DNA
Science in Society
Open Directory - Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science: DNA
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Genetics
Science: Biology: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids: DNA
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Mammal: Human
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics
This category in other languages:
Automated DNA Comparison Software
- Software company providing a solution for the identification of victims of a mass disaster or missing persons incidents.
CODIS: Combined DNA Index System
- Guidelines for collecting and submitting evidence in blood and saliva samples, quality assurance, statistics and links to participating states, from the Department of Justice, Washington, DC.
DNA as a forensic instrument
- Article discussing the potential and limitations of DNA, published in 1996 by Columbia University, NY.
- Comprehensive resource covering forensic identification, arising from the human genome project, discussing accuracies, potential applications and databases such as the Combined DNA Index System. Maintained at Oak Ridge, TN.
DNA Forensics Problem Set
- The Biology Project at the University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ.
Forensic DNA Consulting
- Resource aimed at attorneys, placing DNA testing in perspective. Search for expert witness, training, articles and bibliography from Richmond, CA.
- Page of links on maths behind DNA identification and population genetics. Reports and biostatistics software from consultant in Oakland, CA.
- Interviews in which DNA evidence was involved in court cases, with more examples since 1987, by searching PBS from Alexandria, VA.
Guide for Victim Service Providers
- Published May 2001, to provide an understanding of DNA evidence, by the National Institute of Justice, Washington, DC.
How DNA Evidence Works
- Introduction to the steps in DNA fingerprinting evidence gathering for law enforcement, and its application from Howstuffworks Inc., Raleigh, NC.
Investigation of Forensic Evidence
- Introductory tutorial on courtroom reporting of laboratory results, including checklists for forensic DNA-typing case-specific issues from law offices in Mill Valley, CA.
National Commission on the Future of DNA Evidence
- Site seeks to maximize the value of forensic DNA evidence in the criminal justice system. Transcripts, publications, programs and what's new from the NIJ, Washington, DC.
National DNA Data Bank
- Explains history, privacy, security, statistics and case examples, with FAQ to justify the instigation of DNA fingerprinting upon conviction, for criminal records held in Ottawa, ON, Canada.
- Interview in January 1995 discussing demographic frequency of alleles, and accuracy of PCR in law enforcement. Link to CNN report on OJ Simpson Trial, from expert witness Dr Bruce Weir, Professor of Statistics and Genetics, North Carolina State University, NC.
- Short Tandem Repeat database for genetic mapping and identity testing, comprehensively explained and maintained by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD.
True Crimes - Investigations & DNA
- Compilation of related links about crime and forensics
The complexity of DNA testing
- News story explaining why identification may takes weeks, in the case of Daniel Pearl after exhuming a body in Karachi, Pakistan. - BBC, UK. (May 17, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 8, 2013 at 1:27:41 UTC -