the entire directory
only in Science/Science_in_Society
Science in Society
Ethics in Science and Technology
Free Access to Scientific Research
History of Science
Humor about Science
Philosophy of Science
Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
Science and Religion
Science and Technology Policy
The Science Wars
Women in Science
Chats and Forums
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Science: Social Sciences: Economics
Science: Technology: Cybernetics: K1 and K2 - General Cybernetics: Systems Science
Society: Issues: Environment
Society: Issues: Science and Technology
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict
This category in other languages:
American Physical Society Statements
- Discussion on ethics and values, education, human rights, and national policy, from a physics perspective.
Belgian Biosafety Server
- Focusing on scientific and regulatory aspects of biosafety, with regard to human activities carried out using pathogenic or genetically-modified organisms.
- Provides information on European Union socio-economic research in the life sciences. Features information on research areas, databases, and general aims, as well as discussion forum, networks, and related links.
The Canadian Science and Innovation Indicators Consortium (CSIIC)
- Researches bibliometrics and other quantitative measures of scientific work for use in public and private decision making.
Cienciateca.com: Scientists Popularizing Science
- Collection of articles covering science, technology, and society. Includes stories on evolution, industrial chemicals, energy, and materials.
EMBL: Science and Society
- This initiative at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory aims to promote a better understanding of the growing social and cultural relevance of the life sciences.
The Engines of Our Ingenuity
- Transcripts of a radio program exploring technology and culture.
Forum on Physics and Society
- Division of the American Physical Society for discussion of science and society issues.
House Committee on Science and Technology
- Information about the work of this committee of the US House of Representatives.
House Science and Technology Committee
- The science committee in the 110th congress, chaired by Bart Gordon.
Hybrid Vigor Institute
- Educational organization created to facilitate the exchange and cultivation of interest in interdisciplinary science research. Publications and details of forthcoming conferences.
IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology
- Addressing such issues as environmental, health and safety implications of technology, engineering ethics and professional responsibility.
- This project by the British Science Museum and other museums brings together images and viewpoints to create insights into science and culture.
Institute for Regulatory Science
- Seeks to ensure that the decisions of Congress, regulatory agencies, and the courts are based on the best available scientific information.
Institute of Science in Society
- Membership organization in the UK, offering news articles, mailing lists, and membership information.
International Society for the Systems Sciences
- Professional society for those interested in understanding and interacting systemically with reality. Emphasizing system-level approaches to evolution of and applications of science in society.
- Director of the Lab for the Culture of the Artificial, University of Urbino, Italy. Page includes books, research interests, music and photos.
The New Atlantis: A Journal of Technology and Society
- A quarterly journal devoted to science and technology issues and their relation to social and political affairs
Panel on Public Affairs of the American Physical Society
- in-depth studies on topics ranging from energy and environment to national security issues.
Physics and Society
- Quarterly newsletter; articles on nuclear proliferation, nuclear power and energy policy.
- Resources on risk assessment and risk management in medicine, environment, and society at large.
- An exploratory project to apply the philosophies and activities of Creative Commons in the realm of science. Science Commons works in three project areas: Publishing, Licensing, and Data.
Science For People
- Essays, reviews, and other opinion pieces presenting scientific and science policy topics without the jargon.
Science in Society
- The blog of Science and Society, Princeton University’s undergraduate journal of science, ethics and policy. Aims to inform citizens about the promises and challenges of science in the 21st century.
Sense About Science
- A UK-based charitable trust to encourage an evidence-based approach to scientific and technological developments. Information and briefing documents about particular issues, along with details of how to get involved.
Society for Evolutionary Analysis in Law
- Scholarly association fostering interdisciplinary exploration of issues at the intersection of law, biology, and evolutionary theory. Features conference details, notices, other organization information, and links.
The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S)
- A scholarly association devoted to studying science, technology and society.
- Stemistry is a creative writing and sci-art project for people interested in stem cell research and associated ethical issues
- Program funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) to study the change in social interactions with new electronic technologies.
Voice of the Shuttle (VOS)
- An annotated guide to online resources that respects the established humanities disciplines in their professional organization and points toward the transformation of those disciplines as they interact with the sciences and social sciences.
W3C Technology & Society Domain
- Concentrating on issues that arise from applications of Web technology, and devoting significant resources to international public policy issues.
What's New by Bob Park
- Newsletter covering science related to politics and policy, compiled by physics professor Bob Park. Includes a searchable archive going back to 1987.
World Conference on Science
- Final reports from the international conference, addressing many aspects of the place of science in society, including ethics, science and technology in economic development, and environmental and economic issues. (January 01, 1999)
Science in Society
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 8, 2015 at 5:28:33 UTC -