become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Anomalies and Alternative Science
Earth Science Data
Food Science Research
Language and Linguistics
Science: Academic Departments
Science: Organizations: Regional
Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
This category in other languages:
Archive of Starlab Research Laboratories
- A privately funded, 'blue sky' research institute in Brussels, Belgium, now closed. Areas of study included quantum physics, nanotechnology, protein folding, and robotics. Archives of research material and links to researchers.
Association of Independent Research Institutes
- AIRI is a nationwide association of independent, not-for-profit research institutes. Provides information on membership, and on the organization's role in monitoring federal policy and funding issues affecting biomedical research.
- Nonprofit corporation with a portfolio that includes technology development, commercialization of new products, and management of U.S. government research and development facilities.
Center for Earth and Planetary Studies
- Unit within the Collections and Research Department of the National Air and Space Museum. Features research, outreach and image galleries covering planetary science, terrestrial geophysics, and the remote sensing of environmental change.
Center for Research in Scientific Computation at NCSU
- Specializes in computational science, engineering and applied mathematics. At North Carolina State University.
Centre Henri Tudor
- Provides information on training courses and research which focuses on information and communication technologies, materials science, business organisation and management, environmental technologies and health care technologies.
Centro de Estudios Científicos / Center for Scientific Studies
- A private, non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion, development and diffusion of scientific research. Valdivia, Chile.
East-West Science Centre
- At the University of Kassel, Germany, supporting east-west cooperation in economics and science.
The Evergreen Foundation
- A privately funded research institution on aspects of public wellness and safety such as vaccine development and surveillance technology. Westchester County, NY, USA.
- German research center combines 40 institutes on a single campus, in areas ranging from nuclear physics to electronics, medicine to waste management.
French Institute of Pondicherry
- A multidisciplinary research organization that focuses on the Southeast Asia region. Conducts active research in ecological, social and Indian studies, in collaboration with various Indian and foreign research institutions. Primary objective is to promote Indo-french cooperation in science and culture.
Houston Advanced Research Center
- Research initiatives include energy, biotechnology, environment, information.
Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris
- An interdisciplinary lab at the interface between the humanities, the social sciences and the cognitive sciences.
Institute for Complex Additive Systems Analysis (ICASA)
- A division of New Mexico Tech. Seeks solutions to problems in critical infrastructure protection and other national security domains.
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
- IIASA is a non-governmental research organization located in Austria. International teams of experts from various disciplines conduct scientific studies on environmental, economic, technological and social issues in the context of human dimensions of global change.
- Offers a publicly-accessible resource for science shops, community-based organizations, government agencies, and universities. Offers background information on individual members and organizations, contact details, and an overview of the project's goals and achievements.
OFFIS: Institute for Information Technology
- Oldenberg, Germany. Research and development in embedded systems, healthcare information and communication systems.
ResearchGATE: Science Network
- Social community for researchers, fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange among researchers worldwide.
The Rowland Institute for Science
- A private, nonprofit organization with a broad charter to conduct advanced scientific research founded in 1980 by Edwin Herbert Land, and endowed by Land and his family.
- Conducts research in health & pharmaceuticals, education, surveys, statistics, technology, governance, economic & social policy, energy & the environment for governments & businesses worldwide.
Rudjer Boskovic Institute
- Scientific research centre located in Zagreb, Croatia.
Santa Fe Institute
- Private, non-profit, multidisciplinary research and education center that pursues emerging science, largely on a theoretical level. Topics include artificial life forms and evolutionary complexity.
- Technology company providing products and professional services to government and industry, in the areas of defense, space, and laboratory and analytical operations.
Science and Technology Center in Ukraine
- Supports research and development activities for peaceful applications by Ukrainian, Georgian, and Uzbekistani scientists and engineers, formerly involved with development of weapons of mass destruction and their means of delivery.
Scilla and Charibdis Research
- Research agency specializes in population genetics and complex systems. Facility also offers statistical consulting.
The Scripps Research Institute
- Private, non-profit research organization engaged in basic biomedical science. The eight scientific departments study all areas of modern biomedical research and synthetic bioorganic chemistry. Based in La Jolla, CA, USA.
Southeastern Universities Research Association
- Colleges, universities, and other organizations cooperate with one another and with government in acquiring, developing, and using laboratories and other research facilities and in furthering knowledge in the physical, biological, and other natural sciences and engineering.
Southern Research Institute
- Diversified network of collaborative centers for scientific discovery and technology development in the life sciences research, life sciences contract services, engineering, and environment and energy industries.
- An independent nonprofit R+D organization, creating innovative technology and business solutions for government agencies, commercial businesses and foundations for over 50 years.
Swiss Center for Affective Sciences
- The Swiss Centre for Affective Sciences is one of 20 National Centres of Competence in Research established by the Swiss federal government. With the University of Geneva as its home institution, the Centre coordinates collaborative research by psychologists, neuroscientists, philosophers, historians, economists, social scientists, and legal scholars.
Universities Research Association, Inc.
- A consortium of research-oriented universities, mainly in the USA, as well as Canada, Italy and Japan. Publications and reports.
University of South Florida: Reed Lab
- Undertaking research into human-robot interaction for medical and rehabilitation devices. Includes details of projects, publications and lab members.
- Independent research institute, part of Norway's national research system. Key research areas are in the fields of information technology, environmental research and society and industry. Primarily in Norsk, with a few English pages.
Weizmann Institute of Science
- An international center of scientific research and graduate study located in Rehovot, Israel.
Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation
- Promoting, encouraging and aiding scientific investigation and research at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and the Morgridge Institute.
ZiF: Center for Interdisciplinary Research
- This center at Bielefeld University is an internationally operating Institute for Advanced Study which supports and houses interdisciplinary research projects from all scientific fields.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 5, 2016 at 2:22:14 UTC -