become an editor
the entire directory
only in Standards/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Reference: Standards: Organizations
Textiles and Nonwovens
Society of Automotive Engineers - SAE
Trusted Computing Group
Business: Industrial Goods and Services: Associations
This category in other languages:
Codex Alimentarius Commission
- Part of FAO and WHO food and veterinary standards activities. With information about procedure, forthcoming activities, members and participating organizations. All Codex Alimentarius standards document available for download in English, French and Spanish.
Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS)
- An organization of Space Agencies and produces recommendations and standards mainly for ground systems and their interface to space systems. The organization's work is detailed, and includes extensive repositories of the standards produced.
Council for Optical Radiation Measurements (CORM)
- Develops requirements for standards, calibration services and collaboration programs.
IEEE Industry Standard and Technology Organization (ISTO)
- A global, not-for-profit corporation designed to accelerate and extend traditional standards development and adoption activities for technology industry consortia.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- With information on standardization activities and procedures and the advantages of participating in standardization work.
International Commission on Illumination (CIE)
- Includes background information, membership details, and publications.
International Disk Drive Equipment and Materials Association (IDEMA)
- Trade association for the data storage industry. Publishes standards and reference documents, most of which are available for download in PDF format.
InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
- Publishes standards and specifications. Includes a list of publications and an online order form.
International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- The standards organization for all areas of electrotechnology.
International Telecommunications Union - Radiocommunications (ITU-R)
- Formerly CCIR. Deals with the standardization of wireless communication.
International Telecommunications Union - Telecommunication Standardization (ITU-T)
- Formerly CCITT. Produces global telecommunication standards, and defines tariff and accounting principles. Most widely known standards are those of the X. series (e.g. X.25 and X.500).
Pan American Standards Commission (COPANT)
- Seeks to promote the development of technical standardization and related activities in its member countries. [English and Spanish]
Space Frequency Coordination Group (SFCG)
- A forum for solving frequency management problems encountered by member space agencies. Publishes a handbook, resolutions and recommendations which are available for download as Word and PDF documents.
World Standards Services Network (WSSN)
- Network of public WWW servers of standards organizations around the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:59:37 PM EDT -