become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archives/Free_Access_Online_Archives
Free Access Online Archives
Open Directory - Science: Publications: Archives: Free Access Online Archives
Reference: Open Access Resources
Science: Publications: Journals: Free Online Journals
Society: Issues: Intellectual Property: Free Access Theory
AKT Eprints Archive
- Electronic archive of the Advanced Knowledge Technology Project. Downloadable papers in knowledge management.
- An Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant archive of electronic preprints in physics, mathematics, computer science, and non-linear sciences. Created by Paul Ginsparg in 1991, it is one of the oldest archives of free online scholarship.
- French digital archive providing free access to full-text papers in the domain of information and communication science [bilingual site in English/French].
- Institutional archive hosted by the library services of the University of Florence. Contains teaching and research documents.
Bergen Open Research Archive (BORA)
- Digital repository of a research institutions in Norway. Includes full-text peer-reviewed journal reprints, theses, dissertations and other academic research materials. [English, Norwegian]
CCSD: Hyper Article Online
- An interface for submitting scientific papers to the article database of the French Centre pour la Communication Scientifique Directe. Papers in mathematics, physics, information science are instantly and automatically directed to "arXiv" [bilingual site in English/French].
- Eprint repository of French theses in various scientific domains [French/English].
CERN Document Server: Articles and Preprints
- Collection aiming to cover the published and pre-published literature in particle physics and its related technologies. The collection includes over 900,000 documents, many of which have full-text access.
Caltech Computer Science Technical Reports
- Electronic archive of freely downloadable full-text technical reports in PDF format.
Caltech Earthquake Engineering Research Laboratory
- Archive of freely downloadable technical reports from several labs in the domain of earth sciences at CalTech.
Caltech Library System Papers and Publications
- Eprint repository of academic papers in the field of library and information science.
Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science
- Preprints by members and visiting researchers of the CLE, a research institute at the University of Campinas, Brazil.
- Autonomously creates citation indexes of scientific literature. Generates citation statistics and allows easy browsing of the context of citations. Texts freely available in PDF, PS, HTML format..
- Makes preprints and reprints of papers in all areas of the cognitive sciences freely available on-line. Authors can deposit their work in the archive after a (free) registration.
Collection on Critical Global Issues
- Full-text access to publications in the fields of agriculture and land management, development, environment and sustainability, food and nutrition, natural resource development, science and technology.
Cryptology Eprint Archive
- Provides access to author-submitted research papers in cryptology.
Department of Energy Information Bridge
- Full-text research and development reports in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics.
- Centralized archive of a joint group of Scandinavian universities. Includes full-text theses, dissertations and other academic publications.
Digital Library and Archives - Virginia Tech
- Open Archive Initiative (OAI) compliant digital repository. E-journals, electronic theses and dissertations, faculty archives.
Digital Library of Information Science and Technology
- (DLIST) Developed by the School of Information Resources and Library Science and the Arizona Health Sciences Library at the University of Arizona using Open Archives Initiative (OAI) compliant Eprints v.2 software.
- Institutional Repository of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). Contains the research output produced by CSIC scientists including articles, pre-prints, communications, theses, patents and technical reports. [Spanish/English]
Document and Publication Server of the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Provides free access to publications, theses and dissertations, electronic e-print journals. [English and German]
EPrints in Library and Information Science
- E-LIS is an open access archive to deposit preprints, postprints and other documents in the field of library and information science in electronic format.
Electronic Publications of the WU-Wien
- Electronic archive providing full-text access to working papers and dissertations of the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration.
Elektronische Bibliothek der Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Bremen
- Digital archive providing full-text access to papers, theses and dissertations in PDF format.
- Search and download thousands of English-language university essays from Sweden.
- Provides free access to over 20,000 military, DoD, Federal, NASA, DOE and Government specifications, standards, handbooks and publications.
Fourth International Symposium on Cavitation
- (CAV 2001) Proceedings of the symposium, downloadable from this electronic repository hosted by the Caltech Library System.
Free Full-Text Science Archives
- A directory with annotated links to institutional full-text scientific archives.
- Division of the Stanford University Libraries producing online versions of peer-reviewed journals and scholarly content.
Hiroshima University Institutional Repository
- Digital repository of Hiroshima University, providing full-text access to papers, theses, dissertations and other academic publications.
History and Theory of Psychology Prints
- (HTP) Gives access to full-text of refereed papers. Registered users may also deposit appropriate material.
- An electronic archive for papers produced by members of the Hofstra University Community. It includes papers written by faculty and administrators, papers delivered at Hofstra University sponsored conferences as well as invited lectures.
IOWA University - Computer Science Technical Reports
- Digital repository of full-text technical reports downloadable in multiple formats.
Institut Nicod Eprints Archive
- Online research papers in philosophy, sociology and cognitive science of the Jean Nicod Institute's members.
MIT Theses: Science, Technology, and Society
- Searchable collection of selected MIT master's and doctoral theses available online.
NASA Astrophysic Data System
- Free online abstracts and full-text papers in astronomy, astrophysics, planetary sciences, and solar physics.
NUI Maynooth Eprint Archive
- The National University of Ireland Maynooth's pilot electronic print project is intended to act as a central repository for the research output of NUI Maynooth academic staff and departments.
- An experimental project to investigate the institutional use of eprints services at the University of Nottingham. Browsable and searchable digital archives of several research units and departments.
- Gives access to a large number of eprints archives and electronic resources and through the OAI harvesting protocol reveals digital resources previously "hidden" from users behind web scripts.
- Open access archive for papers related to research in organic agriculture.
- An electronic archive for preprints in the philosophy of science.
- Site for hosting individual academic publications lists and papers with links to self archived full text PDFs. Indexed by author. Free for students, subscription for staff.
- Publication database with search engine from the Katholieke university, Netherlands. Includes books, papers, reports and theses on different scientific topics.
- Eprints archive of the International School for Advanced Studies. Online papers in physical sciences and mathematics, electronic journals and databases.
Surrey Scholarship Online
- Open access online repository containing the full text of scholarly papers produced by members of the University of Surrey including peer-reviewed, published journal articles and conference papers.
The Digital Library of the Commons
- Gateway to the international literature on the commons, this working paper archive provides access to author-submitted papers, as well as full-text conference papers, dissertations, working pre-prints and reports.
US Department of Energy - Energy, Science, and Technology Preprints
- Searchable gateway to preprint servers that deal with scientific and technical disciplines such as physics, materials, chemistry, biology, environmental sciences, and nuclear medicine, related to the activity of the department.
University of Trento Eprints archive
- A digital repository (OAI compliant) of full-text scientific publications produced by professors and researchers of the University of Trento, Italy.
Uppsala University Publications
- Full-text working papers and research reports in PDF format.
Virginia Tech - Electronic Theses
- Searchable and browsable digital archive of theses and dissertations.
Warsaw University of Technology
- Institutional repository of the Department of Electrical Engineering. Contains full-text papers, articles, preprints, theses and teaching materials.
- Repository of the University of California, U.S., offering a broad range of e-books, journals and peer-reviewed scientific documents. Includes submission guidelines, editing assistance and FAQs.
Free Access Online Archives
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:36:32 AM EDT -